Halloween event wheel

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by TravisTouchdown, Jan 25, 2014.

1. TravisTouchdown

TravisTouchdown L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hello all. I am looking for some help so any kind will be much welcome.

First if there is a topic about this already then I apologize for a double topic. I looked over the first 5 pages but didn't quite see what I was needing.

A map on my server has this thing. The announcer says the wheel. What looks to be a slot machine panel starts to spin and then it stops. The panel it stops on will give the players on the server a bonus like big head or no gravity or mega jump.

I was told that this wheel was added in with the Halloween event 2013 in one the maps. I didn't play on it so I am not sure of the name.

I have de-compiled the map to see what entities he used. I don't really know what I am looking for.

Can someone tell me what I need to add into the map. If there is a tutorial online somewhere that can help me then please point me to it.

2. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    It's actually from the Halloween 2012 map. (koth_lakeside_event or "Ghost Fort")
    The entity you need is "wheel_of_doom". To make it spin, give it a name and get something like a trigger_capture_area and do under the Outputs tab:
    My output named: OnEndCap
    Targets entities named: (wheel_of_dooms name)
    Via this input: Spin

3. TravisTouchdown

Positive Ratings:
    DO I need to add in any specific triggers or brushes so all the features on the wheel will, IT if the wheel lands on low gravity, will I need to add in a trigger that will reduce the maps gravity for like 45 seconds.

Thank you for your help Tumbolisu.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  4. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  5. TravisTouchdown

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you henke37. I am still not getting this to work.

Do I need to put a button trigger that once shot will activate the wheel? I am not worried about the spinning part right now, I just want the wheel to work. Like how it is playing a sound. Give the wheel a name and then set it to trigger on button push.

6. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Just send it the Spin input whenever you need it to spin.