Hallo!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dustball, Aug 23, 2009.

1. dustball

dustball L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey there, I'm dustball from San Diego,CA. Yeah I play TF2 obviously, I love all the classes, and play them all about equally. Anyways, I am new to mapping, especially in TF2. I made two maps with my friend who was amazing at mapping for CS 1.6, but I know nothing about the source engine/TF2 mapping.

If any of you have some good noob tutorials on mapping, like getting started and stuff, that would be much appreciated. I've got a few good ideas (I hope).

Thanks

Edit: It's a question, but say I wanted to change a game mode of a current map, like CTF to PLR, would anyone have a tutorial on how to do that? It's not making a new map, just changing the game mode.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  2. Inqwel

Inqwel L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey there Dustball! Welcome to TF2maps.net

A Boojum Snark has made a prefab game mode pack for at least the entity set up.
    [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=4674"]Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack - TF2Maps.net Forums[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  3. PL-7764

PL-7764 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I call my ferret Dustball during the winter because his fur gets so gray with his winter coat he really looks like he's a ball of dust. :p

Welcome!

4. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome! Take a look at the first link in my sig, it should answer most of your questions.

5. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome!