Resource icon

KotH Halfpoint 72 Hour TF2 Jam Edition 2

SmashWaffle

L1: Registered
Jul 18, 2016
Halfpoint - Remade from the ground up!

Halfpoint is a map for the Community Project, Frontline!, in which I have completely recreated it just for the 2016 72 Hour TF2 Jam. The map is loosely based on The Battle of Midway, a very important part of World War II. If you want to play the original Halfpoint, go here: http://tf2maps.net/threads/halfpoint-old.28700/
I really hope you enjoy this map, and I will be sure to add on to it throughout the jam, and possibly after that as well!

SmashWaffle

Jul 18, 2016
One last update will come in a little bit (in terms of the 72 hour Jam anyhow, I will continue to update 2 days after so people can have a chance to play it). Sit tight everyone!

SmashWaffle

Jul 18, 2016
what's nice is that I upload my maps to dropbox to avoid issues like the one that recently occurred with the site.

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Hey did you playtest the map on your own? I tried it out and the beach scene looked cool but when I touched one of the landmines they all exploded, and a second or so later the game crashed:

oG4jQPg.jpg

nhB1Upv.png

Means you had too many entities at once - probably all the different gibs of the landmines. Try reducing the number of landmines by like 1/3 at least.

SmashWaffle

Jul 18, 2016
Hey did you playtest the map on your own? I tried it out and the beach scene looked cool but when I touched one of the landmines they all exploded, and a second or so later the game crashed:

oG4jQPg.jpg

nhB1Upv.png

Means you had too many entities at once - probably all the different gibs of the landmines. Try reducing the number of landmines by like 1/3 at least.
alright, thanks for letting me know.