Hail to all

Sarijy

L1: Registered
May 24, 2009
Well I'm new here, so might as well start up posting in the introduction area.
I'm Sarijy.
I've messed around with Unreal Tournament's engine a bit, made a few maps.
I've never really reach the level of perfection that I desire for my maps.
I play WoW on and off, not a whole lot recently. I enjoy Magic the Gathering, haven't played a lot recently either.
I'm currently 18 years old, going to college in the fall.
And my current project is a Ctf map with various features so I can get a grasp on the SDK Source engine.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
fair enough =p

Welcome to the community!

If you like MTG try looking into BattleForge.

Its a mix of MTG and RTS style gameplay.

Sarijy

May 24, 2009
I really enjoyed Mtg for a good long while, I haven't really bought packs or built standard since morningtide.
I really don't care much for the newer cards... The entire multicolored set had me a little disheartened. I've stopped for a bit hoping seperation would make my heart grow founder.
My friend Jamie occasionally mentioned Battleforge, never really in depth. I'll throw it on my lengthening To-do list.

General Plans for my map:
Coped out that big top 20 things wrong with a map that Brandished wrote out. Going to check through those as I develop out my map
My map is currently in the horrid state of having mainly similar textured walls with a horribly undetailed underground section. That'll soon be remedied.
I'm goofing around with some excessive ropes in the main chamber. Probably making a skybox there.
A main feature I'm trying to go with I suppose is that the map starts out fairly cluttered with destructible objects and becomes clearer as the battle progresses. I think it will provide defense an easier time early on in the game and allow it to become more difficult to protect your intelligence.

Sarijy

May 24, 2009
I just recalled this morning that I haven't checked up on this site since my computer died.
A while ago I caught a virus which proceeded to take apart my regular computer piece by piece destroying everything I have.
I caught such a virus at Surfthechannel.com while clicking a link the the Dexter series... just a warning.
I'm going to start up mapping again.
I am faced with the dilemma of reinstalling my OS on my other computer. There's a good chance I'll lose everything and I don't want to lose my myriad of Reason made songs, various writings, and other important files.

I'm just posting to say that I plan on starting back up on mapping and to give some information as to my random disappearance.

Sarijy

May 24, 2009
Using the magic of Ubuntu I have successfully recovered my old map and I'll be tuning it up shortly and then posting it.