Hail to all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sarijy, May 24, 2009.

1. Sarijy

Sarijy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Well I'm new here, so might as well start up posting in the introduction area.
    I'm Sarijy.
    I've messed around with Unreal Tournament's engine a bit, made a few maps.
    I've never really reach the level of perfection that I desire for my maps.
    I play WoW on and off, not a whole lot recently. I enjoy Magic the Gathering, haven't played a lot recently either.
    I'm currently 18 years old, going to college in the fall.
    And my current project is a Ctf map with various features so I can get a grasp on the SDK Source engine.

2. Mick-a-nator

aa Mick-a-nator

Positive Ratings:
    I'm surprised no one has pounced on you yet... anyone... no... ok.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the team! Hope to see you in chat and and see a map released :p

3. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    fair enough =p

Welcome to the community!

If you like MTG try looking into BattleForge.

Its a mix of MTG and RTS style gameplay.

4. Sarijy

Positive Ratings:
    I really enjoyed Mtg for a good long while, I haven't really bought packs or built standard since morningtide.
    I really don't care much for the newer cards... The entire multicolored set had me a little disheartened. I've stopped for a bit hoping seperation would make my heart grow founder.
    My friend Jamie occasionally mentioned Battleforge, never really in depth. I'll throw it on my lengthening To-do list.

General Plans for my map:
    Coped out that big top 20 things wrong with a map that Brandished wrote out. Going to check through those as I develop out my map
    My map is currently in the horrid state of having mainly similar textured walls with a horribly undetailed underground section. That'll soon be remedied.
    I'm goofing around with some excessive ropes in the main chamber. Probably making a skybox there.
    A main feature I'm trying to go with I suppose is that the map starts out fairly cluttered with destructible objects and becomes clearer as the battle progresses. I think it will provide defense an easier time early on in the game and allow it to become more difficult to protect your intelligence.

5. Sarijy

Positive Ratings:
    I just recalled this morning that I haven't checked up on this site since my computer died.
    A while ago I caught a virus which proceeded to take apart my regular computer piece by piece destroying everything I have.
    I caught such a virus at Surfthechannel.com while clicking a link the the Dexter series... just a warning.
    I'm going to start up mapping again.
    I am faced with the dilemma of reinstalling my OS on my other computer. There's a good chance I'll lose everything and I don't want to lose my myriad of Reason made songs, various writings, and other important files.

I'm just posting to say that I plan on starting back up on mapping and to give some information as to my random disappearance.

6. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome to TF2Maps.net! The first link in my signature has a lot of info that can help you get going.

7. Sarijy

Positive Ratings:
    Using the magic of Ubuntu I have successfully recovered my old map and I'll be tuning it up shortly and then posting it.