Haat

Psyphil

L3: Member
Nov 6, 2007
This is my first arena and egypt map, I made it out of my entry for the capture point contest (woohoo last place! :thumbup1:).

The name haat comes from some altars in an suntemple in egypt. And if your swedish; no it has nothing to do with hate :p

Okey version b1, I've got most of the layout done but I don't know if it needs any protection from snipers in the tunnel yet. In my private tests with my friend sniping haven't been a problem but I suspect it can be in public servers.

I have 2 problems though, firstly I can't think of anyway to make the desert look infinite when you look down at it, except if you make a custom skytexture for it (?).
And second, is there anyway to make the body disappear after falling to it's death instead of it lying on the skybox?

Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Last edited:

DaFatCat

Apr 19, 2009
Last place, you sexy beast! I like how the Red team has a winery in Egypt :D

Psyphil

Nov 6, 2007
a little bump with b1a with some small optimization fixes for the gameday

Last edited:

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
The red shed loooks a bit out of place, but I gues they could've moved in and put up some buildings.

However why would they put thier logo on a wall that has already crumbled?

@DaFatCat, a winery would say winery, a distillery is for alchol. Which makes me curious why Valve put beer kegs in as props for a distillery.
We need brewery decals so we can actually make beer!

Psyphil

Nov 6, 2007
Yes the idea is to make it look like both red and blu discovered the site at the same time and they're fighting to get to explore the ruins. But you've got a really good point there :p the logo was to make it easier to see which side u are on but there are plenty of other ways to get that fixed :) thanks for the feedback

Psyphil

Nov 6, 2007
bump for gameday feedback

what I know from in-game feedback:
  • Texture the nodraw-roof
  • more spectatorcameras
  • use fog for 3dskybox
  • more cover needed (don't know where though)
  • HOLY SHIT (can u clarify that for me Fearlezz? xD)

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009

This ledge (above the small healthkit) let people stand on a lip near the bottom. I dunno if you want that to stay or not, but I thought I'd just let you know.

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
I like the sudden end at the cliff, where you can fall down. First time I thought I would just bump into a invisible wall, but noo... I fell down like the rest of the team :p

Gj on this one, keep it up.

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008

This ledge (above the small healthkit) let people stand on a lip near the bottom. I dunno if you want that to stay or not, but I thought I'd just let you know.

Remove it, it was really annoying to be killed by an "invisible" enemy (FYI I'm that heavy on the pic :p)

I also think that longhallway should be a little less long (but a few walls in it) because a few times both full teams were there shooting at each other :/

A really nice improvement to wait i saw in the contest :)

Apr 13, 2009
The gameday turned into a scoutfest. Not too sure why, it may have to do with the size of the map and the fact you can easily avoid frontal assault on heavy classes through any of the side routes. If it wasn't for the number of scouts there would probably have been a handful of snipers too. All in all this is not a heavy-friendly arena.