Guttersnipe

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by WillC3D, Jul 13, 2009.

1. WillC3D

WillC3D L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    CTF_Guttersnipe, a small CTF map I've been constructing for the past week, ready for public use. This is my first TF2 level.

Feedback and suggestions on gameplay and item placement etc are appreciated. All aesthetic elements are still a work in progress.

For now, I am assuming the player limit should be kept under 24.

Layout is small for lots of instant action. Many paths to choose from. Positions available for Snipers and Engineers to take advantage. More to add soon.

Preview video here: (Updated for Beta 3)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo9C3aWAAd4"]YouTube- TF2_CTF-Guttersnipe_Beta3.avi[/ame]

GUTTERSNIPE Beta
    (guttersnipe_b3)

Gametype: Capture the Flag
    Players: 16-24
    Author: Will "WillC3D" Cox

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  2. Efhan

Efhan L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I very much enjoyed the overall theme. I especially liked the sniper spot, seemed like a spot with good coverage, but not overpowered

3. red_flame586

red_flame586 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'ts a good looking map, but it needs signs showing where everything is, and the cap area shouldn't be a dev texture. otherwise, way better than my first map, probably better than my current maps. Well done

4. WillC3D

Positive Ratings:
    Done and done. Thanks red_flame. I'd forgotten to do those. I'll post a new version this weekend.

Efhan: Yeah, I love playing Sniper. So they need their cover spots.

5. Vigilante212

Vigilante212 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    you should make it so people dont have to jump out of the water thats certain death. just ass some clipping

6. WillC3D

Positive Ratings:
    Map is now version Beta 2. I've made the changes recommended in this thread so far. Thanks for the help.

7. Efhan

Efhan L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Nice fish

8. WillC3D

Positive Ratings:
    Small updates to the layout. Removed the fish for now. Hopefully all the textures for custom assets appear properly. Needs more play testing.