KotH Grizzly

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Grizzly Berry, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Grizzly Berry

aa Grizzly Berry

Positive Ratings:
    The name "Grizzly" is just a placeholder until I figure out the theme I'm going for.

Any feedback is appreciated. This map is still in the planning process, so nothing is set in stone, but I do like what I have so far. I’m sure you are all more experienced than I am, so I will gladly take any advice you can give me. :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. AaronTheSmall

AaronTheSmall L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You could always call it Tubular because its rad looking and has Tubes.

I really like the look of the map so far. I will post my actual feelings about gameplay later on when I can properly play it, but the concept looks very nice.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    The map doesn't look very overscaled, but there are some parts that are very large. You also have a lot of big open spaces that open up nastey sightlines. The openness give classes like heavies, snipers and pyro's a big advantage.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Grizzly Berry

aa Grizzly Berry

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I've noticed. :\ I'm sure you noticed the random box placed in front of the spawns. Not sure if I'm going to put a building there or turn it into a rock. I also didn't think out the left [coming out of spawns] route very well...Any suggestions on how to break up visibility or completely rework the areas are welcome. :)

The large, orange walls are just placeholders until I get around to building displacements. I plan on having them curve a bit to cut off some sightlines, but that won't work for all the spots.

5. Grizzly Berry

aa Grizzly Berry

Positive Ratings:
    Added a new building on the sides to hopefully cut down on the sightlines a bit. I have glass in there for now, but the plan is to change it to fencing of some sort. Also added a few more lights near the CP (horrible job of doing so, but at least it's lit). Also continued the pipe through the building and into the spawn room. I had originally planned on doing so, but I guess I forgot.

Still trying to take away a lot of the open areas, but I don't want to just go prop crazy, so any other sensible ideas would be nice. :)

Edit: Ok, I've dealt with one of the major spots that was causing me problems. Expect a new version up sometime tomorrow if all goes as planned.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  6. Grizzly Berry

aa Grizzly Berry

Positive Ratings:
    It's been awhile since I've been in the mood to map. I've edited the map a bit since last time, adding a new side route and cutting off sightlines. If anyone would like to hop in-game and check it out, it would be much appreciated.

I've added health, as well as 16 spawn entities for each team. I just tested it a bit with bots and had no problems. Any feedback is welcome! :)

New screenshots to come soon!

Note: Neither respawn has doors to prevent the other team from shooting, but they ARE sealed off with a func_respawnroomvisualizer.