Grimtuesday (working title)

Nov 14, 2009
OK, so I made this map up quick for the 72 hour contest, and am looking for some feedback on the layout.
Because I am too lazy to open up hammer and fix it, there are stairs that go through a wall, various walls that don't touch, and some platforms that don't connect.There is also nothing at all in the other sides of the bases. That will come in A2.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Why do i think garth nix aint going to like this one bit :)
It looks quite nice looking at the screenshots with several tunnels.

Nov 14, 2009
Gameday bump!

With summer started, I should be pushing out an A2 soon, with some random fixes, and base areas!

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
While it doesn't help that I really don't like arena, I still didn't feel the layout was very solid.
Huuuuuuuuuge sightlines with not really anything in between for either side of the centre building (blob on the other team did not help). The scale just didn't feel too right in any direction.

The one part I felt played alright was the area above the point, but really with arena, you need to make the whole thing work for it to be fun (IMO of course).

It's hard for me to suggest a layout as I don't really play arena, but if A2 comes out and looks promising, I'll try give some of my suggestions.

brick

L3: Member
Apr 12, 2008
Im with alecom its hard to say what needs to change, but something does. Im really just not sure what would help. You should watch the replay (even though it wasnt that good of a playtest) and see what didnt work and try to improve upon it. It helped me with my map. Im sure you know about the side of the map that just a skybox and all of that. Some of the spots in the map have holes in the wall. I dont know if that was intentional or not, but I could shoot through them. Im at work so I cant put pictures, I might edit the post if you want the pictures though. Other than that, layout needs to change. How not sure, have to sit down and see what doesnt work and think what will and see what works with other maps.

Sorry not much help.

Nov 14, 2009
Thanks for the comments. What I'm thinking right now is moving the area and building around to point, into a 3 stage a/d map. All I need to do now is think up 5 more points!

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
That's... quite the change, I have to say.
I look forward to this version!