Greetings

Laz

L420: High Member
Jul 5, 2008
Hi there, some of you might have seen my WIP pl_haywood, that's my current project,

a bit about me perhaps, I'm a 24 year old male from belgium, who enjoys all sorts of stuff.

I first started mapping when the original half-life came out, and I read an article in a magazine about level editing, so I set off building my first little hl1 single player maps, using quark (quake army knife) later on I switched to Hammer.

Then my mapping died down a bit as I discovered the wonderful world of modeling. (3ds max style, not kate moss-ish). so I went on and bought the books, did the courses, and learned modeling with 3ds max. I have a bit of experience with XSI and maya, and these days I find myself using Z-brush a lot.

I did some weapon models for cs (still in beta stages back then) and I got back into mapping for a year or so building some Counter-strike maps.

source came out, I tried out mapping for it, but didn;t really know what do it for. built a couple of counter-strike:source maps, TF2 finally was released, the game got me hooked, and surely, the mapping followed. so here I am.

I also host a belgian gaming community, hosting several gaming servers including 2 TF2 servers at the moment. You can find those at www.z-spot.be.

so there you have it.

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Very cool, glad to have you with us :) We can never get too many modellers, lol. Well I never did anything map/mod wise w/ the original HL, I did mess around with Jedi Knight a bit, and HL2DM rather extensively. And that's a nice looking community you have there. If you ever questions, there's usually someone in Steam chat who can help out. Welcome to the group!