all in 2??? :D
Nov 25, 2022
AllInTw0 updated GreenWood with a new update entry:

Version a2

Changes:
-Added a flank for blu that opens after C gets capped
-Blocked Of a really powerful window for red near B-C-D
-Added custom collision to the bomb and the bomb cart models
-Added another little jump up to the blu spawn highground flank (minecart)
-Added a small health kit near C
-Added a plank under a window near C so its easier for jumping class to get through the window

Minor Changes:
-Added a resupply sign in blu first spawn so its easier to find the second resupply
-Fixed some...

Read the rest of this update entry...

AllInTw0

Nov 25, 2022

Version a3

Changes:
-Made a prop jump easier up to the red first defence building.
-Remade the fence near Blu First Spawn. It now has a spot where red can wak on top and defend.
-Added a building mostly for blu near B-C (dont know how blu will use it)
-Remade Red First Spawn (I dont like how it looks rn migh redesign it again later)
-Removed the on way door to last that opens wheen C gets capped (no one used it)
-Changed some of the tree models to taller ones that dont obstruct the view so much in the...

AllInTw0

Nov 25, 2022

Alpha 4

Changed some stuff at Blu flank for B
Made a roof near C walkable
Changed some tree models to improve visablility
Added a flank for Blu to Reds highground near B
Changed Red final upper spawn to a flank for Bluw
Fixed some missplaced and missing hint brushes
Did some small amount of detail work

AllInTw0

Nov 25, 2022

Alpha 6

● Improved last layout
● Improved last lighting
● Improved last pickups
● Made the train cart explosion trigger smaller
● Fixed train spawning after 45 seconds each time. Train now spawns in random intervals.
● Added back storage area above the roof near Blu spawn. To indicate you cant go on the roof
● Fixed a sightline when standing on a rock at A
● Fixed a sightline at last from red spawn window

● Detailed B a bit. (By Rhamkin)
● Detailed last a bit. (By Rhamkin)

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
Hello, I fear you may have misinterpreted my feedback:
1700166194191.png

I was not saying the train should come at a fixed interval instead of a random one, I was hinting at a deeper problem.
You see, finales like this - where you have to get the train to the end of the track and then wait for the train to hit it - can be a great way to make BLU feel like they have to defend the cart for juuuust a little longer. I even used it to a small extent (and in a different form) on pl_boatload!

But if the train is just coming every 45 seconds with no trigger for it, you run into a problem where you get the cart to the end of the path - and the train can either come the very next second, or wait 45 agonising seconds to arrive.
This furthermore means that if you've balanced the point to be fair if BLU has to defend the cart for 45 seconds until the train arrives, RED feels cheated when BLU gets the cart to the end of the path and the train arrives after 1 second.

So, I was suggesting that the cart should "call" a train when it reaches the end of the path, and that train will always arrive after 15 seconds or so.
That means BLU always has to defend the cart for 15 seconds, no matter which point in the train cycle they get it to the end of the track.
I've attached a logic setup for that, derived from my forgotten map, plr_tiftid_mc18. (It should stay forgotten).
It is not guaranteed to actually work!!!

Attachments

• prefab_train_finale.vmf
    44.3 KB · Views: 34

AllInTw0

Nov 25, 2022

Alpha 10

● Changed the sun angle
● Added a light and an arrow to indicate you can ride the train
● Fixed the train killing you if you touched the box car mid air
● Changed Red respawn wave time from 9 to 10 for A
● Changed Red respawn wave time from 9 to 8 for C
● Changed Blu respawn wave time from 3 to 2 for D
● Added a missing Roll Back at C

Fluury

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 30, 2017
I don't really think the map is ready for beta yet, primarily due to 2 problem areas being B and Last. I feel like people report these a lot while playtesting, too.

image.png

This room isn't really fun to play around for BLU if RED is holding up here. They oversee every single entrance point from a dominant highground, and the flank below this vantage point isn't useful because soldiers and other explosive classes just get to deal +100 dmg to you instantly for poking your head out there. It's really frustrating as BLU and typically just has you waiting for a Uber, or until RED gets bored and kills themselves. Actual flanks for BLU force RED off their vantage point due to having to rotate, this point really needs one of those.

Last feels really messy and awkward to play around. It feels like there are way too many routes and some streamlining would help it a lot.

image.png

BLU doesn't really have a lot of fast and easy options to deal with this door being held, especially by a powerful sniper with an explosive class.

image.png

This door isn't a solution because its only accessible by mobility classes - the huge roundabout way you have to take to reach it takes a massive amount of time if you try to rotate to it from the choke. In general this door seems really disjointed from the rest of the map from BLU's perspective.

So from the choke, the next best thing you can do is turn around 180° degrees, which is pretty awkward, and take the dropdown to flank from below.
image.png

The problem now is that this room is really wild. Everything connects to it and you, as someone pushing in, has to worry about 3 angles at once - especially the one from behind that connects to RED spawn is super painful if you are trying to push up the stairs.
The other route where you have to go up some stairs is definitely okay, but it again feels really awkward to rotate to from the main choke and path, which is the main issue. Rotation to flanks is awkward and often laid out in a roundabout way.
image.png

This path typically gets used more by RED to flank BLU than BLU to flank RED. Would be a lot better if you could access it directly from that choke in a way that requires less backtracking.

image.png

Last in general feels kinda non-cohesive. Its a big, open fight-space with some fences in there, a deathpit, and a killing train. I never really have a feeling of knowing where my team is on this point, or where to stand, or if a push is happening. People are kinda everywhere, with routes going to everywhere. Streamlining would benefit it a lot.

Bonus Mentions of stuff I feedbacked ages ago but mightve slipped below the cracks because these are pretty quick fixes and pretty annoying for gameplay:
image.png

This propjump is really awkward and annoying. If you overshoot the minecart you end up in this silly hole with really awkward geo where you are constantly gliding up the tree/displacement and can't even jump properly. Could probably go without a propjump there in the first place honestly.

image.png

This tree in combat space kinda blows. People can hide behind it and shoot from behind it into BLU spawn, without BLU really knowing where its coming from.

image.png

Same issue with this tree here. From the fence Im standing on I can spam down the choke and RED wont know where its coming from due to this tree.

AllInTw0

Nov 25, 2022

Alpha 12

-Added window cover ups that close after C is capped so Red cant flank Blu
-Fixed floating sign next to A building
-Fixed the train kill hitbox
-Replaced a prop jump to a ramp near A blu spawn highground
-Replaced a tree that blocked vision to a lamp post near Red second Spawn
-Clipped off beam at final to make rocket/sticky jumping easier
-Other small changes/fixes