Great big community map vote

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Who knows if valve actually look at these sort of things but if they do it's good ot have your say:

[ame="http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=945679"]Vote for Community map to be included in next update - Steam Users' Forums[/ame]

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
ha, all of the good maps in the front row are from here.
i sure found a nice and cozy place to stay :D
go go go, you talented mapping folks !

Pyrit

L1: Registered
Aug 6, 2009
Would Valve choose maps which haven't been made final yet? I know the next class pack probably won't be for awhile so there's still some time, but both Glacier and Cashworks, the most popular of that poll, are still RC.

Though that being said, I do think both maps are still really deserving of official status.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Would Valve choose maps which haven't been made final yet? I know the next class pack probably won't be for awhile so there's still some time, but both Glacier and Cashworks, the most popular of that poll, are still RC.

Though that being said, I do think both maps are still really deserving of official status.

Yes they've done it multiple times before. (yukon, steel etc)

KarmaPolice

L3: Member
Jul 25, 2009

RC is basically final barring any last-minute changes. Anything in RC state should be fit to release as the final version.

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
I'd love for Valve to pick a few "unknown" maps here and there, every now and then. Steel and Yukon were the only ones that had any real large-scale popularity beforehand (Steel moreso than Yukon, but) but I'd love for them to just pick one even us mappin' types haven't heard of before.

Cashworks, Frontier, Glacier, Furnace, all quality maps. They're all due to be in eventually, I'm sure. Especially the first two.

Psyphil

L3: Member
Nov 6, 2007
I don't think valve will add pl_dustbowl anyway unless they have made it themselves

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
Yes mappers. Read that thread well. These are your customers

22 votes for fucking Warpath. It's received more votes than...well, I won't name, suffice to say ppl think Spampath is better than a lot of real maps.

Enough to make you quit mapping yet?

Fogold

L2: Junior Member
Jan 23, 2009
Actually, if we really want Valve to listen, I would advise putting a poll on this website. The TF2 blog has mentioned tf2maps.net's projects a number of times, so they must that they must check this website fairly frequently (and to be quite frank, I think they probably think a bit more of the massive intellect of the superior geniuses at the steam users forums).

Oh, and congratz on that massive number of votes for you, Eerieone.

Last edited:

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
I'd love for Valve to pick a few "unknown" maps here and there, every now and then. Steel and Yukon were the only ones that had any real large-scale popularity beforehand (Steel moreso than Yukon, but) but I'd love for them to just pick one even us mappin' types haven't heard of before.

Cashworks, Frontier, Glacier, Furnace, all quality maps. They're all due to be in eventually, I'm sure. Especially the first two.

Frontier comes up consistently in these things but in terms of quality it's not up there with some of the choices; it has inconsistent theming issues and optimization problems. I'm not the biggest fan of the map, myself, but I'll be coming up with something shortly to appease fans of it