Greasemonkey script: Gameday Thread Timezone Conversion

Pseudo

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 26, 2008
I wrote this Greasemonkey script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/60437

It will convert the start times for each map in a gameday thread into your local timezone.

tf2maps_gameday_timezone-01.png

The orange text is the text generated by the script.​

It also adds a "download timer" to the map download links in the thread. A user must wait thirty seconds between file downloads, so the script adds a countdown timer for this. File links are grayed out until they are able to be downloaded.
tf2maps_gameday_timezone-02.png

For those that don't know, Greasemonkey is a Firefox add-on that uses JavaScript to customize websites. It can be downloaded here. Chrome, Safari, and Opera have scripting capabilities as well but I have not tested the script in those browsers.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Very very useful. Especially since this forum seems to get my local time wrong all the time (well, daylight savings, atleast).

Oh and welcome back to the community Pseudo. :)

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Well, I'm sure it could be handy if I had Firefox. I've never had any problems with the times on the forums though?

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Hmm i do but not on anything other than firefox hmm interesting

Whatta ya know im turning into the racoon on timothy goes to school hmm interesing

Swordz

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 27, 2009
It's not working here :/ I have greasemonkey but the plugin doesn't want to install

EDIT: Installed now :D

EDIT2: Wtf, i'm at GMT-3 but the timer shows GMT-6...

Last edited:

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Wow thats awesome, definitely gonna try it out i haven't bothered with greasemonkey in a long time.

Pseudo

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 26, 2008
Wtf, i'm at GMT-3 but the timer shows GMT-6...
Is the rest of the forum set to that time? If you scroll to the bottom of the page it should say "All times are GMT __.", that's what the script uses to determine your timezone. You can change settings in your options.

Hmm i do but not on anything other than firefox hmm interesting

Whatta ya know im turning into the racoon on timothy goes to school hmm interesing
This made me laugh very hard. What the fuck is this guy talking about?

AntonJ3000

I am inactive and make horrible maps
Oct 29, 2008
Nice job, Works fine, and makes it easier for me as I'm usually confused about timezones :p

Also, It messed up on wednesday gameday thread. Not sure why, but here's a screenshot.
greasemonkeyscript.JPG