Gravelpoot

CP Gravelpoot A1A

DrHoops

L1: Registered
Jun 1, 2016
Gravelpoot - 5CP map whose name definitely will change

Gravelpoot (name very much subject to change) is a 5CP map with a mix of long outdoor sightlines and tighter, more corner-y indoor arenas. I've been mapping for a while but this the first map I've got to a properly playable state, so I'd appreciate your feedback!

Nighttime71

L2: Junior Member
Jan 11, 2016
First of all, I was able to compress your map by 63%. Your map has very nice scaling but I noticed mostly oddities and mistakes in your map.

You need to clip these stairs.
clipstairs1.jpg clipstairs2.jpg

These walls are floating on BLU side but I think that's because you forgot to copy over the floor that was on the RED side.
floatingwalls.jpg

Also to do with clipping, I feel like you may need to clip those metal frames or whatever because I got snagged easily on it.
snagged.jpg

Some minor oddities are:
-Door is positioned strangely
strange door.jpg
-Water has strange graphical glitches (how did you make an incline of water?)
weirdwater.jpg
-Seam
seam.jpg
And there is an incorrect texture here
wrongcolor.jpg

I hope this feedback help a little. I know I don't have layout feedback but the layout seems okay IMO and you can only really know if you get this map tested in some way.

DrHoops

L1: Registered
Jun 1, 2016
Wow, thanks for having a look around it! I'm not too bothered about aesthetic things right now since I anticipate big layout changes (the water is a super crude idea for a stream/flow of water from a pipe or something), but I'll change the things that affect gameplay. Gonna submit it for testing soon.