Gravelpit style CP but A OR B to C

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by MacNetron, Feb 3, 2008.

1. MacNetron

MacNetron L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've been messing around with the CP style maps. I got a normal linear game working, and a game like Gravelpit with A AND B then C.

But now I like to do something different.
    So Red is defending, Blu is attacking. Initial Blu needs to attack A and B. But instead of having A AND B before they can cap C, I want Blu to be able to cap C if A OR B is capped. Note, they still need all caps to win.

Problem is, in the team_control_point for C, I can set "BLUE Previous Required Point 1" and "2" to corresponding A and B but they seems to be ANDed.

Suggestions to OR the required points? (or should I have this added into the Consolidated List? :) )

EDIT: I've been trying to use the Output of for instance A to set the "BLUE Prev....1" to A. Problem, looks like I can't do that :(

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    When A is captured have it send an input to B forcing it's capture, and vise versa. If you don't want that I could find another method.

3. dirtyminuth

dirtyminuth L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Alternatively, have a fourth point, D, removed from the playing area. Have C be dependent on D, and when A or B is captured, force D to be captured as well. This should avoid the visual oddity of, when A is captured, B suddenly becoming captured too.

This is all assuming you can force captures via entity I/O. I haven't touched CP entities.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. DrHaphazard

DrHaphazard L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    That's a clever solution dirtyminuth. I'd love to know if that worked out for ya Mac.

5. MacNetron

MacNetron L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    damn, the site crash has my previous reply removed.
    Alas, here we go again:

dirtyminuth's suggestion works! :thumbup:

Here you see cap A and B on the big hazardstrip. A and B free to cap, C is locked. In the distance is neutral point D.
    [​IMG]

After capping A (or B) the output of A (and same for B) OnCapTeam2 triggers a SetOwner on D to team Blu. As C has a required point D in its properties, C gets now unlocked.

[​IMG]

I'll try to make a tutorial in a couple of days, although this should already be enough for the intermediate mapper.

6. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
  7. ZargonX

ZargonX L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Clever solution!