ARENA Grassy Grounds A1

A simple arena map

1. SuperPeanut20

SuperPeanut20 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Grassy Grounds - A simple arena map

So this is my 2nd map. It's a simple Arena map with scattered crates.
    Enjoy. this was made in a few hours :C[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. CriminalBunny

aa CriminalBunny Lasers are just deadly rainbows

Positive Ratings:
    Don't rely on props to break up the gameplay space.
    The map also looks a tad overscaled (Judging by screenshots, haven't played yet)

3. SuperPeanut20

Positive Ratings:
    k thx :C after all this is my 2nd map :C. my first map is abuse to look at.

4. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    So Much Prop Noise!
    Anyway, juding from the screenies heres some feedback that may or may not help you:
    You need less props, and more brushes to break up the gamespace
    You need more hieght variation, this whole place looks like 1 flat brush as the entire ground.
    Less crates, and less radars. They look nice, but you over used them and it dulls the gamespace when its the only thing in view most of the time.
    Half the map is lit, and half isnt. This may be intiontional but it doesnt look nice in the screenies (my oppinion)
    Edit:
    Looked at the rest of the screenies in the Over View Tab
    More Feedback:
    The map isnt symitrical, and it looks like it was intended to be. The crate placement and the use of the half sized red and not the half sized blu crate, made the map inconsistant.
    The map is really small, (cant really complain when my only released map is the size of 2fort and just as bad if not worse).
    There is way to much visual noise, meaning WAY TO MANY PROPS. Said this twice, but its true.
    I suggest that you simply remove the crates, and replace them with buildings and hazards to spice up the gameplay.
    Shorten the walls on the outside of the map, and place skyboxes there to increase the overall brightness of the map.
    Remove the spytech satelite dish's on the roof, thats credited to the prop overuse.
    Re Edit:
    Sorry just looked deeply into the screenshots, more feedback :D :
    The roof texture you used is a floor texture. Look up "roof" in the texture finder area. (Bad with terms)
    There are 2-4 textures for red and blu roofs that work in most places.
    I like the use of the garage doors, maybe turn that into the theme behind the map? Like a parking garage in the middle of the desert?

TL;DR Version: Less props, lower skybox to brighten map, more buildings and make it symetrical if thats the intention.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  5. SuperPeanut20

Positive Ratings:
    Okay, thanks! I was working on another map that ended up being a waste of time because it corrupted with windows 10. I learned to do more stuff on the junked map. I'll be working on a 2nd edition to this map now.

• Like Like x 1