CTF Grapple

Stickface

L2: Junior Member
Feb 7, 2014
Hello everybody,
decided to finally release a map, I felt like it was good enough to release.

Grapple, as the name implies, is meant to be played with grapple hooks and is not a serious map.
(I currently do not know how to add grapple hooks into maps.)

Feel free to give feedback!

You can download the config file for grapplinghooks here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfp1y3oof4xwbcx/ctf_grapple_r1.cfg?dl=0

Last edited:

LeNitrous

Feb 11, 2015
Google is your Friend...
tf_grapplinghook_enable 1
I'm not an experienced mapper, but a workaround is place a logic_auto and a point_servercommand to enable that cvar.

Stickface

Feb 7, 2014
Google is your Friend...
tf_grapplinghook_enable 1
I'm not an experienced mapper, but a workaround is place a logic_auto and a point_servercommand to enable that cvar.

I have tried that before, but the grapple hooks wouldn't appear

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
>looks at fifth screenshot
>JIMIJAM!?!

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Your best bet is to include a config file with your map that enables grappling hooks on the server when your map loads. It's more transparent to a server operator because he doesn't have to worry about you using point_servercommand for bad things and he can control exactly what commands are given. Put a file named ctf_grapple_r1.cfg in your cfg directory, containing the command that LeNitrous showed you. The cfg file has to have the same name as the map.

Server operators who enable grappling hooks on a per-map basis should put a command in their server.cfg file to disable them so they don't stay enabled on any other rounds. Though I'm not sure if the command rolls over in to the next map or not.

Screenshots look nice.