KotH Grange

Dr. Sasha

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 5, 2013
It's a harvest-themed arena of bloody pain and massacre of human beings, what else could you want?

Last edited:

Dr. Sasha

Aug 5, 2013
I see that this is getting some views, I would be grateful for some feedback before the next gameday.

Shogun

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 31, 2014
I downloaded your map and ran around in it a but, and I can honestly say that I really, really like it.

Here are some things I noticed:

NtvMTQp.jpg

You can open both doors at once in this general arena. This isn't major but it's a little annoying when leaving spawn.

Yci75en.jpg

I am pressing W here. You can walk in this gap but you can't walk back out.

This map has a lot of good ones but also some that seem pretty overpowered. Here are the OP ones. (linked to not take up too much space)

#1: http://i.imgur.com/icXZerv.jpg

#2: http://i.imgur.com/0S2GXL7.jpg

#3: http://i.imgur.com/GKFEXJI.jpg

Good map overall! I look forward to playing this.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
That building with the barn roof looks really weird. Random bits of wall are missing, and it has... things... poking out of it on the sides. It's a very odd construction no matter what you planned to do with it detailing-wise.

Dr. Sasha

Aug 5, 2013
That building with the barn roof looks really weird. Random bits of wall are missing, and it has... things... poking out of it on the sides. It's a very odd construction no matter what you planned to do with it detailing-wise.
It might look awkward because its only in alpha, I understand what you mean, and I'll try to make it look more realistic.

I was going to make it have something similar like the barns in Byre, where I got the idea from, and modified it to make it more open and prevent ignorance of the point like in harvest but not to enforce it too much like viaduct.

Do you think I should open up the roof of it?

Last edited:

Dr. Sasha

Aug 5, 2013
One thing I've noticed is that a lot of people have been wanting more places to rocket/stickybomb onto.

Many recommend unclipping the rooftops, but this would be unconventional and overpowered.

The map is rather small, and I'm having mapper's block of what to do.

Welp.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
One thing I've noticed is that a lot of people have been wanting more places to rocket/stickybomb onto.

Many recommend unclipping the rooftops, but this would be unconventional and overpowered.

The map is rather small, and I'm having mapper's block of what to do.

Welp.

Raise the rooftops in general and fix the playerclipping above the point, then. (Not sure if you've fixed this yet, but if I try to jump over the building houses the point, I hit something in front of me and fall.)

Also unclip that arch leading to mid if you haven't already.

Add some high ground aside from the point, too.

Dr. Sasha

Aug 5, 2013
Not sure if you've fixed this yet, but if I try to jump over the building houses the point, I hit something in front of me and fall

I unclipped the roof above the point in a2. Are you playing the old snowy version, aka a1?

Also, what 'arch' are you talking about?

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
I unclipped the roof above the point in a2. Are you playing the old snowy version, aka a1?

Also, what 'arch' are you talking about?

Nope. I can go on top of the roof, but if I try to go straight over, I hit something in the middle and fall onto the point, instead of landing somewhere on the other side.

http://imgur.com/a/jrWAb

Not sure if you've fixed it already.

Last edited:

Dr. Sasha

Aug 5, 2013
From version a3?

Right now is version a5.

And no, I didn't fix that yet.

Lemme implement that into a6.

Dr. Sasha

Aug 5, 2013
Many complained that more height variation was needed.

Already went to work, but it seemed many had their own thoughts of ideal places that somehow would take too long to type.

Last edited:

Dr. Sasha

Aug 5, 2013
Can I have the thread name changed to Grange?

EDIT: Name changed. Thanks Seba!

Last edited: