good special effect entities

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by bob+M|M+, May 12, 2008.

1. bob+M|M+

bob+M|M+ L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm looking to make some killer effects for an ending sequence of a map, but I'm not familiar with all the entities enough to even know where to start. I've had a little experience with env_laser, env_lightglow, and elevators, which can be pretty cool, but I've never really gone beyond that. I was recommended to tryout explosions as well. can anyone introduce me to some more useful entities?

thanks
    bob

2. bob+M|M+

Positive Ratings:
    entities that somehow change over time would be nice too. I want the ending to be maybe 20-40 seconds long

3. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    env_shake? Also, env_laser or beam. Toss in some sound stuff I guess. env_explosion. That should do most of it, unless you want stuff flying around and whatnot.

4. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

Positive Ratings:
    I *think* you could set up a env_shake that lasts for whatever duration, but every x seconds it targets itself and changes the force of the shake. Would be done with multiple outputs with different delays. Something similar could be done with other stuff too, so you only have to trigger it once.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. bob+M|M+

Positive Ratings:
    nice idea. an increasingly violent env_shake would make for a beautiful beginning to an epic ending.

6. Earl

Earl L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I always thought it would be funny to have a regular explosion of some sort 9 times out of ten, but then for the other 10%, a dance floor and disco ball appears out of nowhere, the BeeGee's start playing and a bunch of dancing engineer models spawn.

7. Lord Ned

Lord Ned L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hahaha.

8. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

Positive Ratings:
    You could do that. Set up an random event generator and have whatever % of it trigger an alternate ending, while the rest all target the same ending sequence (one logic auto to rule them all?).