Good afternoon!

rawket

L1: Registered
Dec 11, 2009
Hey everyone, I've been lurking around the tutorials section for a bit and finally decided to register!

I've been mapping and modding games since my brother introduced me to Doom and Marathon, but more recently I've been doing stuff for the various Source based games. I made some orange and fun maps for DoD and CS:S, but now I want to get into TF2 and get more serious about it! My only experience with TF2 so far is a small mostly dev textured CP map, but reading the tutorials section here totally demystified the stuff that confused me about TF2 mapping!

Since I'm done with my finals and have some time off I'm gonna be starting a TF2 map and will start posting here :)

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
ai_relationship.jpg

rawket

Dec 11, 2009
I don't have many screens of my older maps because I had to reformat to install Windows 7 recently, but I do have a few shots of orange maps I made for DoD. The community I play with has a couple orange map servers, so I made some maps for them :)

dod_orange_indoor_rawk_b40000.jpg

dod_orange_indoor_rawk_b40007.jpg

mcg_courtyards0001.jpg

I like to throw in a non-orange area or two in my maps, because I really do want to make some finished and detailed maps at some point but people seem to really like the orange ones!

rawket

Dec 11, 2009
Yeah that's why I came here originally, I wanted to learn more about making good looking finished maps!

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Oh shit yea! Marathon! Whoooooo! :D

Heh, glad to see another gamer with taste. :p What's up! Welcome to the forums! You can't get any better then here when looking for help when building up your maps. Feel free to pop into chat any time if you've got any questions... or if you just wanna chill. :D

KaiserFate

L69: Deviant Member
Dec 9, 2009
Looks like you're way ahead of most of the people who start out here.
Interesting to see another ex-doom mapper. Mapping for doom was fun but very difficult for me. I was so bad at it I accidentally made a doorway that infinitely extended the height of the ceiling so I stuck with Quake. XD
Nice maps! They look like quite a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with here.