Goldrush question

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by necro, May 1, 2008.

1. necro

necro L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Has anyone analyzed the entities for goldrush? I'm curious if its possible to have pushcart races. In other words, a cart for both blue and red, and first 1 to the finish wins the round. I suspect getting the HUD to show the status of both carts might be a sticky point.

2. trainRiderJ

trainRiderJ L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I like this idea :)

Visually, the hud shouldn't have a problem showing more than one cart. Hopefully someone at valve already thought of this.

3. Spacemonkeynz

Spacemonkeynz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    [INFO] Payload entity setup.

Haven't tried having two carts.

Could try using two 'team_train_watcher's and see what happens (they might be overlayed on top of each other)

4. necro

necro L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    OK, I tried that. Didnt work. Only 1 HUD ever appears, no matter how many team_train_watchers are enabled. The other problem is that even if I swap out having red on offense for the active teamwatched, the HUD still shows blue icons for what should be red. So I think I'll just have to disable the HUD.

Other than that, I was able to get 2 bombs working.

5. Demitri Omni

Demitri Omni L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    In general, I don't think the game enjoys straying from the BLU-attacker, RED-defense mechanic. I think it's just considered to be the norm, no matter what.

6. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I'd like to see someone mount a sentery gun on the cart and not make a shit map to go with it.