PL Goldreefcity

RollingGherkin

L1: Registered
May 13, 2011
A group of three myself included have created a map. For all of us it is our first TF2 map. So if anyone is interested in testing it with us it's called PL_GoldreefCity_V5 any feedback would be appreciated. It is by no means the finished article and there will be plenty of bugs to fix and general fixes to make. So if anyone has the time come find us. The server is "gamingdeluxe.co.uk - Rolling Gherkin Server" I'm am well aware of the issues with the displacements and the holes they are something that will be worked on but the map itself needs a proper play test from a functionality point of view, cosmetics will come later.

Although there is one small point regarding the lighting that is really bugging me, some surfaces, such as chair legs and the Heavy's fists of Steel, show up ridiculously brightly, now when I play the map, (the exact same map file) offline it's fine but on my server it's glowing bright. Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy playing the map and feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all - BazTheRollingGherkin

Last edited:

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
For most of the part it looks flat and sniper friendly, try to get a test up and we'll see about that.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Protip: use this thread to take the best screenshots.

Your HDR looks way too bright, especially in the last picture. Fix that.

Some areas look a bit overscaled; the A sign should have aligned textures on the legs; and, as frozen said, your pictures are very nondescriptive. Try to focus around main areas (control points in your case) and try to provide an overview whenever possible.

RollingGherkin

L1: Registered
May 13, 2011
Protip: use this thread to take the best screenshots.

Your HDR looks way too bright, especially in the last picture. Fix that.

Some areas look a bit overscaled; the A sign should have aligned textures on the legs; and, as frozen said, your pictures are very nondescriptive. Try to focus around main areas (control points in your case) and try to provide an overview whenever possible.

Yeah i have been trying to fix the lighing issue, which has now been fixed, turns out i diddnt have a env_tonemap_controller which seems to have solved the problem, although the lighing could still be tweeked a bit. Very glad of that some of the items were literaly glowing white. :)

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
It looks pretty interesting except that you seem to be highlighting more of the detail work than the gameplay areas. And when I saw the HL2 oil refinery skybox building it just made me go "eehh.. yeah.. no.. just... yeah..." It seems slightly unfitting just on how detailed it is in a very cartoony world.

T

tWayfarer

Without a download, it's a bit hard to judge. Based on the screenshots only, it's a little flat, lacking detail and... yeah, hl2 prop.