Goldenroot

KotH Goldenroot a1

Aspennly

L1: Registered
Oct 15, 2017
Goldenroot - A Frontline themed king of the hill map

Welcome to Goldenroot! A small English cottage on the south eastern coast. Best known for its small castle that is located in the center of it. Now used for anti aircraft turrets the mercs will have to fight over the land as the Mann brothers declare their ownership over it!

Special thanks to:

EArkham - for making the vehicle tuktuk model
and
The Frontline! team - for making the Frontline model pack

This is my first map and I wanted to combine two styles for separate parts. For mid I want to try and base it around highpass but making it more reliant on building walkways and such. As for the areas around the point and near spawn I want to try and base it off kong king.

I dinne ken

Has currently had enough
aa
Apr 16, 2016
Have you repacked the map? It's pretty large in filesize for an a1.

You can do so by using compilepal, and adding the "repack" process to your compile.
Or you can do it through 7zip, a tutorial for which is here.

Although I cant have a run around in the map right now because of technical difficulties, the map looks creative and interesting. Especially for a first map.

Keep at it.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
The 7zip method isn't for repacking.

Aspennly

L1: Registered
Oct 15, 2017
Have you repacked the map? It's pretty large in filesize for an a1.

You can do so by using compilepal, and adding the "repack" process to your compile.
Or you can do it through 7zip, a tutorial for which is here.

Although I cant have a run around in the map right now because of technical difficulties, the map looks creative and interesting. Especially for a first map.

Keep at it.
Everything has been repacked via CompilePal while I was compiling it and packing in the Frontline items. The file size is supposedly from the Frontline props being unoptimized with their texture resolution. However I've started recompiling it right now just to see if I can indeed decrease the file size. Thanks for advice and the compliments!