PL goldblum

DannyRand

L2: Junior Member
Jun 8, 2013
Some detailing and texturing
Lighting changes here and there, generally should be brighter overall
Clipping fixes

One shitty non compete, a broken computer and 6 months later, I have an update!

I'm aware of:
Lighting is wonky on a few things (compiled on fast) - generally I know why and where.
Some misaligned textures, I don't think much of this is finalized in terms of texturing. Just giving myself some ideas.

I'm mainly looking for clipping issues, game play/balance issues and just general opinions. However any and all feedback is always appreciated. I'm also on a potato of a computer but have had no performance issues, so if you get any please let me know where.

I've watched some old demos and looked at previous feedback before I opened this up again and generally i'm pretty happy with how the map plays, so i'd like to get this going towards a beta and eventual release.

Thanks guys!

DannyRand

L2: Junior Member
Jun 8, 2013
Increased Env_lighting
Adjusted lighting overall, should be more defined and brighter in most areas. Some are still dark, on purpose.
Upped lighting in Blu first spawn
Decreased Red Spawn times. This may or may not be reverted in a future update.

Adjusted spawn door trigger size on Red first spawn.
Revamped Red first spawn. New 2nd floor door and health lockers.

Tightened the side entrance on 2nd's flank route. Should be easier to spam/airblast.
Swapped positions of health and ammo on second point.
Upgraded medium ammo to full on second point.
"Destroyed" the railing to above second point, players now have to jump or explosive jump to make it up. Should help Red defend a tiny bit more.

Revamped the flank room on last. Completely new geometry.

Added more optimization, as always a work in progress.

Big changes to spawn times, I believe this may make it much more difficult overall for Blu. Red should experience maximum of 21-22 seconds (including death cam) respawn time on last. Which is still a while but last is much harder for Blu.

Flank room has now been updated. I always planned to do something with it but was never really sure what, happier with it now. Should be a nice room for engies and the removal of the ramp will prevent all but explosive classes from flanking on that side room. Any flanks will have to come from below and thus Blu will have a height advantage. Snipers will now be more susceptible to spam.

Tried to update it to balance a bit better for Engineers but honestly, I never play the class so i'm not too sure how well it'll play offensively. So if you play engineer, help me out!
Thanks