Gloomy Gully

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Solynth, May 16, 2010.

1. Solynth

Solynth L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I worked on this map about a year ago, I only recently stumbled across it and decided to continue working on it.

The map is aimed at reducing turtling by moving the Intel rooms in front of the spawns.

Have a look at it and tell me anything I can do to improve it. Both visually and Gameplay-wise (Mainly Gameplay for the moment)

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  2. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    Looks interesting, tread carefully the grounds you walk though, because it could be passed off as a 2fort remake.

Also, the flag room could be amazingly camped by an engy with a sentry in the corner across from the intel. The sentry would have reach all the way across the room, and it wouldn't be outspammable by demos.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Frush

Frush L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    dont know if 2fort remake...

4. Solynth

Solynth L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    It's a 2Fort-Styled map; 2 Bases facing each other. It's not an exact replica the layout is very different actually.

You see a bridge and call it a remake. I'll get rid of it if I have to.

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  5. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    LOL. Dont say 2fort style around here, or they will assume that you are trying to make another version of 2fort (engy, sniper, alpine, rainy, etc...) Every single CTF map in TF2 right now is "2fort style" in your definition. Not to mention all the 5 CP maps.

6. Mr. Wimples

Mr. Wimples L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Like you said, this map may reduce turtling, but may lead to excessive spawncamping. Hav't actually played the map or anything, but I sure hope there is more than one spawnroom. :p

7. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

An overhead view of the floor plan would be nice

• Thanks Thanks x 1