ARENA gladiator_arena

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Whated, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Whated

Whated L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hello tf2maps.net!

Gamemode: Medieval Arena.

This is my first map, so don't be so harsh at criticism! =) Constructive criticism is always welcome. I think for myself that this map is not good. But it never supposed to be good map. I just made it for melee duels whit my friends. Ofcourse anyone else can have it for melee duels whit their friends! =).

Story line:

Once upon a time god (whated) locked blu and red to an gladiator arena. They are supposed to fight for their lifes., is The team who won going to have big prize, freedom.

-Whated

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. WastedMeerkat

WastedMeerkat L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Needs height variation and displacements. Here's a nice tutorial on displacements if you don't know how to use them:

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=11308

As for height variation, try adding platforms with barrels for cover leading out from the spawn or something. Be creative!

3. Ost

Ost L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    square flat space is square and flat. and boring

scrap map, learn map design, make map with actual gameplay
    also never ever post your first map on the interwebs

and nope, this is not me being harsh: this is me being fair.

4. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    It's still harsh, at least it has decent lighting, some good cover and a nice simple layout for a first map, but like you said, it needs some more variety in the design. Maybe add a few buildings with stairs at the side for height differences?

5. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    heh. its harsh, no matter how you cut it. P.S, when you look at them, most maps are in the shape of either a square or a rectangle :)

I like the idea of where this is going, but you do really need to add some height variations. It is really open, and looks a little dull. Also, since this is arena, turn that bridge in the middle, into a bridge with water under it. It will help keep pyro's dominance down while making it look a bit more aesthetically pleasing.

6. Wilson

aa Wilson Burial by Sleep

Positive Ratings:
    Fix'd

If you are going to rant how much terrible mapper and his map is, least put something constructive into your post.

7. Whated

Whated L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the feedback. I know how to do displacement but it is alpha 1 so I didn't make displacements to that early level. And because I'm going to do "huge changes" the displacements work would be worthless.

Also Ost, it is "scrab" map. I think I said it at the description >.< don't tell me something I already know!

"I think for myself that this map is not good." I just didn't say it like an asshole.

EDIT: "turn that bridge in the middle" I think it is at the middle.

EDIT EDIT: Did I forgot to say it is medieval arena gamemode?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  8. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    He's telling you to add water under the bridge.

Medieval is bad, especially in Arena, where Snipers and Medics can just fuck everyone over from one end of the map with no chance of a comeback.

If you're gonna make this an Arena map, reduce the amount of health. Assuming that both sides have three smalls, your map has a total of 126% health. Remove all the health packs you have atm and put one small beneath the bridge.

• Thanks Thanks x 1