Giving teams points for kills

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Sgt Frag, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    How can this be done?

trying to get a final vers of my snipe map done and realized it had a few issues.

One was that it didn't end, so I added an entity set-up for that, but at the end it just stalemates.

As it's a sniper map I'd like to have one team win, either if they reach a number of kills or just whoever has the highest score.

But I suck at entities and don't know where to start.

2. Samuel Hall

Samuel Hall L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think it's possible, I could be wrong. I'd have a look and try find something to do with the scoreboard, or find a programmer who can code you an entity based on it.

3. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    I'm sure Boojum would know considering that he created the entity setup for Animus.

4. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    This can be done. 2 trigger_multiple's across the map with filters for each team. Each has OnEndTouch output to math_counter for each team. Once the time ends, whose math_counter is bigger, that team wins/loses (depends on what u count -> kills or deaths).

ABS sure can do this. :D

5. Sgt Frag

Positive Ratings:
    Cool, would be cool to be able to pull it off. I'll try and mess around with that set-up.

Sounds straight foward enough. I almost uploaded yesterday after compile but I'm glad I waited. I'll try and get this working first.

@ABS, if you read this thread and know how it could save me alot of trouble :)

6. Open Blade

Open Blade L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just for argument sake, I hope you give extra points to those sniper who use the bow. It's much harder to get kills with it and if a sniper does choose to use the bow, he should get extra points for his kills.

7. Sgt Frag

Positive Ratings:
    Nah, originally I wanted to give points for headshots only (pre bow) but nobody knew how. I don't think it'll be any easier to keep track of the bow.

I'm simply looking for a slight improvement on the Stalemate finish. So kills is kills.

8. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    The counter is probably the easiest way. Alternatively you could use the tf_gamerules AddXTeamScore inputs, but that might cause it to end far too fast unless you use a point_servercommand to raise the score limit, which may or may not be reverted on mapchange depending on the server configs.

9. Sgt Frag

Positive Ratings:
    Cool, thanks guys, I'll give this a try tonight or tommorrow.

I'll probably go the counter way as most people would probably just want to play the map for a certian amount of time, that leaves it eaier for server admins and leaves rtv's and whatnot open.

10. Sgt Frag

Positive Ratings:
    This is what I'm trying

2 Trigger_multiples surrounding play area
    one called red_trig and on called blu_trig

Each has team filter for that team (blu_filter, red_filter)

and an output of
    OnEndTouch
    red_math (or blu_math)
    Add

-----------------------------------------------------

have also tried:
    red_math (and blu_math) have outputs to round_end and game_end
    with

get Value

------------
    I really have no idea what I'm doing so it's hard to trouble shoot other than just trying different outputs and inputs.

I don't know how to make it keep track of 'kills' or 'deaths'. Kills is fine.

No matter what I try I just get stalemate.

I'm also just using a bot so I don't know if it has to be an actual player.
    ------------
    @FaTony, not really sure if you mean each trigger_multi should have a filter for both teams, or just it's respective team. I'm only doing respective teams.

I even tried opposite teams.

ie, red trigger goes to blu math (assuming a red death sends a 1 to the counter, in which case it should send a 1 to the blu counter as blu got that kill).

11. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    You need to have the counters' OutValue feed into the two parts of a logic_compare, then use the compare's outputs to fire the proper wins.

12. Sgt Frag

Positive Ratings:
    If Boojum is the entity guru I am his complete opposite.

Still not working :(
    I get stalemate at round end no matter what.

I have:

set stalemate on time limit set-up from abs entities. But I changed the wording to get kills, not cap flag.

filter for each team

trig_multiple for each team pointing to filter.
    Outputs to math counter for each team:
    OnEndTouch
    Add

math counter outputs to logic_compare:
    OutValue
    Compare

logic_compare outputs to game_round_end (red and blu):
    OnGreaterThan
    SetTeam

13. Sgt Frag

Positive Ratings:
    Bumpity bump.

Sorry, but I'd like to get this solved this weekend if possible. Otherwise I'll probably just forget it. Started as a lighting touch up and turned into a week+ project of confusion.