"Gib Jars" objects

Mic

L1: Registered
Sep 9, 2008
This is such a different object, I though I should post here to get feedback and suggestions. I haven't got a ton of time into it yet, the objects are all unwrapped onto one texture to save on overhead.

I want to make the glass breakable, I have not created a destructible mesh yet, but I'm sure its not too hard

gib_jars.jpg

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
I think you posted this on the wrong board, as this is WIP for maps lol.

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
This is also wips for models etc
Its just WIP
a model can be in WiP 2.

laghlagh

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 15, 2008
This is really, really good!

tenaciousg

Jan 8, 2008
thats cool and freaky hah.. not sure if it fits the tf2 theme but very welcome.
one thing i wanted to say was the caps of the bottles.. i realise they are all going to be the same but there shouldnt be any silver on it imo.. its very noticable, the caps should be a solid color. just looks repetitive..

Mic

Sep 9, 2008
Thank for the comments everyone. I was not thinking Halloween per say, but that is a very good suggestion! I hope to wrap this up, and upload it for you guys to use just for that reason.

thats cool and freaky hah.. not sure if it fits the tf2 theme but very welcome.
one thing i wanted to say was the caps of the bottles.. i realise they are all going to be the same but there shouldnt be any silver on it imo.. its very noticable, the caps should be a solid color. just looks repetitive..
I was at a loss for how to theme the jars. So I went with the scrapie metal look, much like on the turrets. Also, on anther posting, I am working to figure out how to animate an object. I would love to attach a bone to the heads to make the heads bob up and down a bit in a idle animation. As well as make the object breakable.

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
just from that pic without the ability to download them for a closer look, the tags in them seem un-TF2... Not sure if its the lack of shading or the small text (AFAIK I've never seen small text in TF2... it may be there but i cant recall it.)on them but they don't seem to fit.

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
This would fit perfectly in a mad doctor's laboratory themed map. Might also be nice in a Brady Bunch-esque machinima. :)