Ghost spectators appear invisible

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Diva Dan, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    I'm making a map based on the elimination bumper kart minigame, and everything is working fine. However, after somebody dies and turns into a ghost, the ghost appears invisible. They can still boo when they left click and the fly as normal, only their appearance is broken.

(Also, the ghost can't be revived when touching a teammate, which is okay in my map, but I'd still like to know why that is)

(also dead players don't ragdoll and instead stand straight up and despawn after a few seconds)

Here is the VMF.

If anybody knows a solution, I will be super happy!

Attached Files:

2. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    It's likely due to the ghost model not being precached. Are you using the Halloween event entities to activate the minigames or are you doing it through other means?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    I'm using a prefab that was created by the user Tombolisu. It has other models precached like the cage and carts- should simply adding another model for the ghosts fix it or will I have to do something with logic?

4. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    I'd try adding the model first and seeing if that works.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    Will do! Trying it now.

EDIT: It absolutely worked! Thank you very much. I used models ghost_no_hat and ghost_no_hat_red and everything went perfectly.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  6. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings: