Ghost displacements?

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
When trying to compile my map, it aborts with this error message:
Error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 576, brush 0)
I have selected all of the displacements, put them to an entity, changed them back to world and this error message still appeared. I hid all other things but displacements, and systematically went through them all, checking that they were not entities then hiding them so i knew i had checked them. after every displacement had been checked( i quickly did a mark all displacements) it STILL said the same error message. How can I fix this ridiculous problem?

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Try looking through the func_detail visgroup instead of the displacement one. I think, for some reason, displacements tied to func_details no longer count as displacements when it comes to visgroups.

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
When trying to compile my map, it aborts with this error message:
Error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 576, brush 0)
I have selected all of the displacements, put them to an entity, changed them back to world and this error message still appeared. I hid all other things but displacements, and systematically went through them all, checking that they were not entities then hiding them so i knew i had checked them. after every displacement had been checked( i quickly did a mark all displacements) it STILL said the same error message. How can I fix this ridiculous problem?
Just realised i posted this and a few other things in the wrong sub forum:/

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
No worries, I'll go through your recent threads and put them where they belong.
Thanks. I just checked through the func_details and found the remnants of a displacement i had deleted a while ago, just a tiny sliver of func_detailed displacement under the map. Deleted that and is now compiling fine. Thanks!