Getting sdk 2009

elmo

L1: Registered
Jul 1, 2012
My map that I've been working on got the solids bugs and deleted all my entities, props, what have you.

I've found that you can open the same map in an older version of sdk, such as 2009 and there you can fix it and then reload back into the current version.

I've no idea how to get the 2009 version, whenever I change it, I'm told that I don't have the files and it crashes to desktop.

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks.

Also, if you know a way to stop this from happening I'd be truly greatful as right now I want to smash my pc.

elmo

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Source SDK only works with Source Engine MP and 2006.

Dark

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 27, 2009
The solids bug can usually be fixed by renaming the vmx to vmf and opening that up. Vmx is just a backup vmf with a different extension and if it hasn't been overwritten it should fix the problem. Also try to load an auto save. Auto saves are found in c:\hammerautosaves. you will also want to up your auto save count and lower the amount of time between auto saves.
ps. That solution with sdk 2009 doesn't make any sense.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
You have to have some other game that runs on the Orange Box engine (Counter-Strike Source, Half-Life 2, and Portal are I believe all valid candidates) to have access to Source 2009 in your SDK launcher. You have to actually launch Hammer for one of those games and open/fix/resave the map in that, as I understand it.