getting map txt file to download with map

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by 3_stooges_geo, Jan 25, 2008.

1. 3_stooges_geo

3_stooges_geo L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    on some custom maps they have a txt file that goes with them explaining objectives,its name is always "map name_language.txt" map name being the maps name and language being different languages,most are english.
    i have the txt files in map directory with maps on url that is set for downloads,the maps download fine but the txt file never gets downloaded,is there a way to have it download also?

2. 3_stooges_geo

Positive Ratings:
    finaly got it to work.
    i will use cp_mini_canyon as an example.
    the files "cp_mini_canyon.bsp and cp_mini_canyon_english.txt" go in "tf/maps" directory.
    the res file will be called "cp_mini_canyon.res" and will go in the "tf/maps" directory as well
    the text needed for the res file is
    hope this helps anyone else with similar problem.
    would also be helpful if mappers that make custom maps with different objectives would also make the .res file to go with them.
    we try to play as many customs as we can on server,right now we have 48 custom maps running

3. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    D: D: Care for the IP and maybe a map listing? I'm sure the guys here would love to see that.

4. 3_stooges_geo

Positive Ratings:
    64.34.163.140:27015
    classes are limited
    most maps sniper is disabled.
    our server,this is the way we like it.
    not all maps are in rotation but if an admin is on they will run a map if asked.
    maps not in rotation will show up if a rtv is initiated,4 maps at a time are listed,so not all will be listed.maps make it onto normal rotation if they are requested alot and by the feed back we get while playing.
    now that that is out of the way.
    our rotation is:
    and our complete map list on server is:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008