Getting a train to move based on team pushing it

DJ Sylveon

L3: Member
Nov 9, 2015
Ok so if you've played koth_splattower you know where I'm going with this.

I have a trigger_multiple set up with an all touch start and end to move and stop a train. I want it so that if one team is pushing it it will move in one direction where as if another team was pushing it then the train will go the other way. Naturally I thought that putting a filter for red on the existing one and simply copying the existing trigger brush pasting it and changing the filter and direction output will work...well no not really...

Red pushes the train no problem. Blu gets on and the train vibrates and floats away from the path its suppose to follow slowly. I have tried putting in payload logic before for a different thing and that freezes the game. I'm assuming the same will happen if I tried any other logic related to payload.

Any ideas on how to fix this/make the idea work?

Oct 6, 2008
so you want a tug of war map set up?

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
I had the same kind of idea a couple of months ago, and I looked into entity work for it. What I was planning (I'm most likely never gonna get to making an actual map with it) on making 2 trigger capture areas (on for each team), and when a red team stands in the zone, the train rolls forward, and when blu is in the zone, the train rolls backwards. You can do that in the Input/Output system. In the trigger multiple, OnStartTouchAll - Train - RollBack (I forget what the actual name is). I'm not sure if this helps, but its what I know.

Luigi1000

L2: Junior Member
Dec 12, 2015
If your thinking of a payload idea, you could do it by using "SetSpeedDir" input to the func_tracktrain. A positive value will let it move along its projected path according to the path_tracks and a negative number will let it go backwards while facing the same way. I would disable rollback as it could possibly cause an issue with this.

DJ Sylveon

L3: Member
Nov 9, 2015
If your thinking of a payload idea, you could do it by using "SetSpeedDir" input to the func_tracktrain. A positive value will let it move along its projected path according to the path_tracks and a negative number will let it go backwards while facing the same way. I would disable rollback as it could possibly cause an issue with this.
Tried it and got the same results. I even tried having one player from each team in the trigger and it breaks making the trigger with the red filter work for blu's too. Here's a picture to better understad what is going on.
dY2ddNt.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2008
decompile my pl_warpath map the entity set up there may help you out