garage door not solid?

94Sniper

L1: Registered
Apr 26, 2008
hey guys, i've built a spawn room ladida, but my garage door isn't solid to the other team. ya red can get into blue's spawn. i dont have a respawnroom visualizer because everytime i add it it block everyone from moving through the door way.

any help?

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
But you NEED a respawnroomvisualizer to block the other team. I think. You should have one anyway. I think what makes it block everyone, is that you haven't set an associated respawn room. That should solve it.

I've had so many problems with these kind of things myself, I probably wasted a week trying to get my first spawn room to work. (while following a guide :p)

Spacemonkeynz

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 31, 2008
That's right, the respawnroomvisualizer needs to be associated to a respawn room.

Also make a filter for a team, and set the door trigger of the spawn room to that filter. That will stop the door opening up for the bad guys.

Nobody wants the bad guys in their spawn, cause they're all so bad and all, and very rude.

Laz

L420: High Member
Jul 5, 2008
also add a brush as func_door that opens and closed with the model. The model isn't solid so eveything will get through. just set it so the func_door isnt rendered. Take a look at the valve example map in your mapsrc directory. It shows a CP setup with advancing spawns and everything. only entity work though.

94Sniper

L1: Registered
Apr 26, 2008
i tried the visualizers thing and it worked fine. i had to go back and fit the noentry texture though =P

kwagner

L2: Junior Member
Feb 28, 2009
There is also a flag for some of these things called, I think, 'Touch to open'. You should uncheck that, or else anyone can go through by running into the door.

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
Valve uses a toolstrigger trigger around the door, I believe. "OnStartTouchAll" is used to open it and "OnEndTouchAll" is used to close it.

I don't know the difference between those outputs and the ones that don't end with "All", but I'm guessing that "OnEndTouch" would close the door when someone stops touching the trigger, which is no good in TF2 - if you have 4 players in the spawn room, all of them touching the trigger, that would mean that when one player leaves the trigger, the door would close, even though there are still other players in the vicinity of the door.

Kind of like how the resupply cabinet stays open with two players next to it, even if one of them walks away from the trigger.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
this thread is seriously old, why dig it up again?

kwagner

L2: Junior Member
Feb 28, 2009
Whoops. Looks like I'm the thread necromancer. Mistook it for a new post, and was all excited about thinking I had something worthwhile to add.:blushing: