CP Gannet Peak

MildlyMad

L2: Junior Member
Mar 27, 2009
cp_gannet_peak
by Mildlymadbutshiny

An attack/defend control point, set on the "the highest peak in the U.S.". However, living in Europe, I have no idea if there are ancient ruins hidden inside this mountain.

According to my TF2 experience, there is bound to be - and RED and BLU will be fighting over its ancient treasures.
___
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gannett_Peak

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
First thing I noticed as you had some floating props (specifically right out of the spawns there is a floating barricard saw-horse thing with the capture point sign on it)... going through that way, the gold room is really dark and needs to be lit up, along with the hallway past that heading towards the second point.

But more towards gameplay, their isn't a lot of signage, so it was hard for me to tell which way was which, and where the point was.

The middle point felt a tad open, but I can't tell base off just me running through it...

And finally the distance between the mid point and second to last points felt long, I don't know if this was because of signs, but it is something to look at...

Besides all that, good start, this looks like it could be a good start.

MildlyMad

Mar 27, 2009
Just ran though the map, and saw the props floating - they've been their for about a month now and I feel like an idiot for not noticing them, I also saw that an advanced spawn has no resupply locker.
I might move the 2nd points back, as I feel it's too close to the centre control point.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Just ran though the map, and saw the props floating - they've been their for about a month now and I feel like an idiot for not noticing them, I also saw that an advanced spawn has no resupply locker.
I might move the 2nd points back, as I feel it's too close to the centre control point.

Yea, I meant to type the distance between last and 2nd, not mid and second.

And don't feel like an idiot, everyone's done it...

I accidently left an egyptian torch in my sawmill themed map once.

MildlyMad

Mar 27, 2009
Been talking with a friend on how I could open up the distances, If I made the building just outside from adv-spawn larger, put the 2nd CP there and then simplify the pathways in that area then the distances and
flow of the map could be improved.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1687901/Changes.png
Edit: Updated changes diagram with actual changes.

Last edited:

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Reminds me of Offblast. Probably because of the cliffs.

I think I can see some large sightlines, particularly in the first and third screenies.

janimationd

L1: Registered
Nov 30, 2009
On one of the points (the egyptian themed one) it looks to me from the pics that the column of dirt being held up by the stone pillars is a displacement that doesn't line up with the stone holding it up. (the left side of column in the pic where dirt meets stone)

Just an observation
Other than that, looks pretty cool

Languid

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 9, 2009
I see an egyptian ruin inside a snowy mountain in wyoming

Anyway, I'd be careful bout that large health pack on last. You'll notice that no valve 5cps use full healths, only mediums and smalls

Mr.Blob

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jun 12, 2009
Looks nice over all: -But:
- Some of those wooden steps? - in the first screenie look quite repetitive. - there's too many.
- Those desert rocks don't match the theme.
- Some of your rocks, are the displaced yet? - they look rather odd. - (screenie 2)

MildlyMad

Mar 27, 2009
Just uploaded my new version of the map - I restarted (again) but this time I'm happy with it. The original post has been edited.

Silverus

L3: Member
Jun 19, 2011
On the points that are overlaying, i had the same problem on one of my maps, and it was similar (I set it to 1 2 3 4 5), and the left points were overlaying. Im not sure why that happens, but I just left the Cap Layout section in the Team Control Point Master blank, and the points lined up 1 2 3 4 5 without any overlaying points for some odd reason.