Gamers More Likely to Lucid Dream, Study Suggests

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Xi.Cynx, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Xi.Cynx

aa Xi.Cynx Former Alias: †Blade†

Positive Ratings:

[Source]

Interesting stuff seeing as I do remember a lot of my dreams, and I do have a tendency to take action of only me but nothing else around me.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    I don't remember being unable to control my dreams

3. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    I've never had a lucid dream in my life and gaming's been my biggest hobby for nearly 6 years.

4. Knight-Errant

Knight-Errant L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Only sometimes do I have a lucid dream.

5. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    The red ball.

6. Mick-a-nator

aa Mick-a-nator

Positive Ratings:
    This is all interesting stuff, I wonder what implications this can have on peoples behavior in situations involving conflict or simply how it effects problem solving abilities. It's also suggested that playing "violent" video games can actually relax you and lower your blood pressure (comparing before playing and a short while after playing).

7. Bermuda Cake

Bermuda Cake L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
  8. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    ...you know, they might be right, now that I think about it. I will definitely have to ask more gaming people I know what their dreams are like!

9. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    I'm prone to lucid dreams...

I can even influence their frequency by falling asleep whilst listening to music.

10. Jimmy

Jimmy L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I always fall asleep to music. I seem to remember a few lucid dreams, but I can't remember many dreams....

11. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Positive Ratings:
    I actually studied this! Lucid dreaming is definitely an intriguing thing. I usually control my dreams 50/50... Half the time I can, the other half I dream of a black room and then 2 seconds later I wake up and go... "Ah.... morning already...?"

12. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    It's not that you can't control them. You're just in the middle of a cutscene.

13. Bermuda Cake

Bermuda Cake L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    What does that make quicktime events then?

14. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    I had a lucid dream last night. I have them really often. But sometimes when I try to control my dream I realize that it's just a dream and am starting to wake up.

15. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    And i'm almost always have some kind of admin panel in dreams. It's great to be able to noclip, quit or restart by just the force of mind. I also move by pressing keys on keyboard sometimes.

16. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    I had one good lucid dream years ago, and I remember it because I think I had the presence of mind to use it to answer a question by looking at the landscape.

Specifically, "Do I dream in color?"

The verdict is yes, I dream in color, or at least my dream convinces me to remember it as color.

17. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    Wish I had lucid dreams, it would be nice.

18. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I read that everyone dreams in color naturally; the only people who have ever dreamed in black-and-white were people who were raised on black-and-white TV or movies. Well, and colorblind people I guess.

19. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Usually I sleep and start off with a lucid dream, but it trails off into some elaborate story, plan, idea or just brilliant dream.

One time thought I tried having a lucid dream while under the effect of some medicine when I was ill. Freaking trippy hallucination nightmare involving insanely large rooms that would hurt my brain and scare me.

Yeah, I know, I'm weird.