Gamemode Ideas

DasMatze

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2008
I know you hate gimmick-maps, but maybe someone want to realize this gamemodes:

Reinforcements: Like Battlefield or Star Wars Battlefront - the respawns are limited. If there isn't any respawn left, the last players still fight for victory. If all engineer-stuff is destroyed, you will win.

Sudden-Death only: There are no respawns. It's like Counter Strike.

Graffiti: It's a bit like the grafitti mode in the Tony Hawk Games. A map is cutted into sections. Let's take 2fort. The sections are for example: bridge, area in front of bridge, sewer entrance, sewer, basement, int room, stairs, spiral stairs, backyard, .... Now you have to paint as much sections as possible with your color. To do that, you have to be in the section. When you enter a section a timer starts and counts up. More players increase the speed of the timer. When you leave, the time will be saved and the color will change to your teamcolor (textures will change). If a player of the other team enter the section and beats the time, the color will change and his team will own this area. If a player of the other team join the capture, the time will stop. When the time is over, the team with the most sections will win. At the beginning all areas are neutral (grey).

Do you have gamemode ideas too?

DasMatze

Last edited:

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Trojan Horse: Payload style map where a team gets into a giant robot that moves down the track to blow up the other team's base. After capturing the first point on the route, a respawn in the robot would activate, and would be used as a rolling base.

With the right style of modelling the robot, it wouldn't be too gimmicky.

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
Sudden Death noclip: Noclip trough the map and try to kill eachother, no respawning

Jazz

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 9, 2008
Zombie Attack: One pyro starts out as the "zombie" and whoever he catches on fire turns into another pyro zombie until there are no humans left.

(I REALLY want a zombie mode for TF2)

ChickenHunter

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 12, 2008
Trojan Horse: Payload style map where a team gets into a giant robot that moves down the track to blow up the other team's base. After capturing the first point on the route, a respawn in the robot would activate, and would be used as a rolling base.

With the right style of modelling the robot, it wouldn't be too gimmicky.

HEY THAT WAS MY IDEA! YOU STOLE IT

T

The Asylum

There's one mode I've been toying around with I call Special Delivery, where BLU has to run RED's intel into RED's base, and RED has to stop them. Or have one or two neutral intel that RED and BLU can both carry that they must run into the opposing base.

I'm also thinking of doing a TC style map like this.

AWESOME-O

Mar 20, 2008
Butsex:Try to get one person down to the knees, than rape him :D

DasMatze

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2008
There's one mode I've been toying around with I call Special Delivery, where BLU has to run RED's intel into RED's base, and RED has to stop them. Or have one or two neutral intel that RED and BLU can both carry that they must run into the opposing base.

I'm also thinking of doing a TC style map like this.

There is already a map with that style of CTF. I think it's ctf_crossover. The intel works like a bomb which you have to bring to the enemy.

DasMatze

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
HEY THAT WAS MY IDEA! YOU STOLE IT

picard1dp1.jpg

I like the zombie idea, not too keen on the burning though, I've heard about some infection medics used to do. perhaps the medic has a syringe as a weapon and has to stab people to 'infect' them

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Its more like this: "This is the internet, no matter how original your idea seems, someone else has thought of it before."

Spike

Feb 13, 2008
I've got an idea, what about a team have to plant a bomb on a strategic site and wait 30 seconds until it explode, and the other team have to defuse it. It's so original and amzing I think I'm going to do it I'm so excited I have invented a new gameplay mode I'll maybe be famouse and I'll earn lots of millions

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

Apr 12, 2008
I've heard about some infection medics used to do. perhaps the medic has a syringe as a weapon and has to stab people to 'infect' them

The way the medic class used to work, your medic item (it was just a health kit from HL1 and you had to be next to someone to use it) would heal your teammates or infect your enemies. And then if they came in contact with anyone (and idiots usually ran back to their spawn) then that person would get infected. It lasted until you died or a medic cured you.

Could always have a zombie mode where one person starts out infected, and then whoever they get (kill, tag, etc) also becomes infected, yet the original person doesn't become healthy again. Eventually it would be everyone against 1 person.

Smyger

L1: Registered
Jun 5, 2008
I posted a list of possible alterations to PayLoad i nthe Steam TF2 Forums awhile back.
I think the best one was Tug of War, in which both teams begin at their side of the map, with the cart at the center. Both teams have to try and pull the cart into their own area.
The one team that has the cart at their side at the end of the time wins.
If the cart is in the non-team area(between the teams) the cart starts sliding towards the center, and when it reaches it it's a stalemate.

Here's a link the the thead at the Steam TF2 Forums, anyway:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683462&highlight=Payload

If this mode is known here. If I was't the first to come up with it, then I'm sorry for posting.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
How about, there are two teams, a flag in each teams base, each team has to retrieve the opposing teams flag (or intel, for originality) from said teams base and take it to their own. I was thinking of calling it capture the flag. I dunno if this has been done before though.. i'm pretty sure i'm the first to think of it.