gameinfo.txt is missing on start of hammer

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Shadowss, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Shadowss

Shadowss L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys!

I've been trying to make a map lately and noticed when i try to start Hammer, it says something along the lines of "D:\SteamLibary\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\gameinfo.txt is missing"
    ^ Yes i forgot the R, and i'll get to this in a second

Now about the Misspelled "Libary" I realized this when I already installed TF2 on another steam folder i created after named "SteamLibrary", I've tried setting the game config in Source SDK and when I launch it from there it works. (edit: I deleted the "SteamLibary" folder)

Why I don't use the Source SDK, because im trying to download Boojum Snark's Team Fortress 2 Mapping Resource Pack for following UEAKCrash's Tutorial. (edit: I need to run hammer.exe from the bin folder in the TF2 Directory to install it)

Please Help!

2. nesman

aa nesman oh god how did this get here

Positive Ratings:
    Where are you booting Hammer from? Cause I see this is a D drive and not the default C drive. just trying to map out where stuff is

3. Shadowss

Positive Ratings:
    Im booting from the bin folder in D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  4. nesman

aa nesman oh god how did this get here

Positive Ratings:
    I guess verify game files for TF2 next. Then search C drive for the steam folder location and if there is a tf2 folder boot from there. D drive might be messing with it but unlikely

5. Shadowss

Positive Ratings:
    I have verifyed the game files twice now.

6. DrSquishy

aa DrSquishy Help I'm lost in a big scary forest

Positive Ratings:
    Have you checked gameconfig.txt to make sure it's pointing to the right places?

7. Shadowss

Positive Ratings:
    DrSquishy My gosh thank you! i found they were wrong