30|cp_hella_a11|yyler| Offsite (.bz2) | Thread

20|koth_trotim1_a16|Trotim| TF2maps (.bz2) | Thread

30|cp_harbour_a12b|Selyrntac| Dropbox (.bz2) | Thread

30|cp_morras_castle_test4|Sergis/Doom| Dropbox (.bz2) | Thread

20|ctf_torch2_a1|PHISH| TF2maps (.bz2) | Thread

Map Pack:
Gameday4Nov.rar - Uploaded

Rules for Map Submitters:
The map must be playable. This means fully functional objective system, proper spawns, not fullbright, etc.
__The purpose of this testing is to help authors refine their designs, not catch newbie bugs.
Filename must be versioned. (ctf_example_a1.bsp, not ctf_example.bsp)
__Do not rename a bsp after compile. The vmf must be renamed before compile.
Filename must be all lowercase. (ctf_example_a1.bsp, not CTF_Example_A1.bsp)
__Our Linux servers don't work with uppercase names.
Map must be in development, finished maps do not require testing.
Map may not use a point_servercommand to alter any variables.
Map must be designed for standard play.

__This means no melee, class restricted, too small for 24 players, or otherwise gimmicky maps. However, Medieval maps will be allowed under decision of gameday host.
You may NOT reserve a submission without a download.
• If an author has more than one map they want tested, they must be submitted to separate days.
Non-compliance with rules will result in rejection of the submission.

Submission Format:
• Exact Map Filename (ctf_example_a4)
• TF2Maps.net file ID number, OR url to offsite download.
__BZ2 compressed files are greatly appreciated to save time for the host.
__May not be a hosting site like mega-upload (wait times, codes, excessive ads, etc).
• TF2Maps.net discussion thread number.
__The scheduling system uses this number, I need it, not the post number.
If your submission is a single stage out of a multi-stage map, please mention this. (orphaned stage)
If you are a donator with upload abilities, please say if you have already uploaded the map.

Testing options:
A time extension may be requested for mature non-arena maps in need of fine tuning (this includes orphaned stages).
A specific time slot: Available time & your time zone.
__Only use if you aren't available for the whole testing period and wish to attend your map.

Information
• First come first serve, until the 2 hour period is filled.
• Maps will get 30 minutes playtime, KotH/CTF/SD gets 20, Arena and orphaned stages get 15.
• Last map can exceed the limit so long as the testing starts within the 2 hour period
• You can keep the same TF2Maps.net file number by clicking edit on your file's page and then simply putting a new file in the upload box. This makes it easier for you (don't have to update all your links), easier for me, and less clutter on the site. (picture)
• Any maps that have been tested in the previous Gamedays that week (regardless of version/changes) will be given lower priority over other maps submitted to said test

Last edited by a moderator:

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
TWO THINGS:

One: I am putting cp_hella_a11 in this unless the majority of people complain or we're seriously filled up with maps in which case whatever. I am the only dude doing any kind of tests lately so I think it's okay to put my own map in one of them

Two: Sunday is daylight savings for most of America so times might be off, I recommend double checking the time on the day of the event to avoid missing it by an hour because I'm not figuring this stuff out sorry.

Burnout6010

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 14, 2012
Name : pl_dualmove_a6
URL : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/95081498/pl_dualmove_a6.bsp.bz2
Thread : 20365
Time : Any, I can't be online at those times

I hope I'm finished with bug fixing, I'm getting tired of final compile hangs

EDIT : Tested it for half an hour with bots. No problems occurred, you can upload it to the gameday server yyler :3
Have fun everyone !
RE EDIT : A6 is the good version, A5 is obsolete

Last edited:

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
koth_trotim1_a16
Download: 4461
Thread: 16185
No preferred time, last I guess then, and if you wanna run hella instead of trotim1 go for it

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Why is that required? I don't think I can or would change that as it totally defeats the purpose of having a time limit on maps.

Burnout6010

Oct 14, 2012
Why is that required? I don't think I can or would change that as it totally defeats the purpose of having a time limit on maps.

My ent logic assumes there is no round clock, so you don't get extra time for captures
What is going to happen is that when the map will come in play, the clock will take the value of the timelimit and when it'll finish it will finish in a stalemate
I think you can set your mp_timelimit to whatever you want but it's just a problem with the stalemate as it would finish or in a normal arena style stalemate or a quick stalemate where everyone loses (extra time cheating :s)
As I'm not a server hoster I don't really understand the commands but I think it'll work just ok.

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
Just wanting to clear things off my mind : I hope you downloaded the map from when I last updated my post ? (check hour of last edit, not hour of first post) I wouldn't like seeing the über bugged version tested ... if you're not sure yyler, download the file back
Oh and remember to mp_timelimit 0 if you want it to play like it should

Thanks

food for thought - should your map get thru testing and make its way onto public servers, do you expect every single one of them to perform special configuration for your map only?

Burnout6010

Oct 14, 2012
food for thought - should your map get thru testing and make its way onto public servers, do you expect every single one of them to perform special configuration for your map only?

No of course not but if no one wins before timelimit comes in, it will wait for round end. If one team wins enough points to meet mp_winlimit then the server will rotate

EDIT : New A6 uploaded, check my original post on page 1 of this thread (A5 is obsolete)

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Map List:
Time Played | Map Name | Author | Download | Thread

30|cp_hella_a11|yyler| Offsite (.bz2) | Thread

20|koth_trotim1_a16|Trotim| TF2maps (.bz2) | Thread

30|cp_harbour_a12b|Selyrntac| Dropbox (.bz2) | Thread

30|cp_morras_castle_test4|Sergis/Doom| Dropbox (.bz2) | Thread

20|ctf_torch2_a1|PHISH| TF2maps (.bz2) | Thread

Map Pack:
Gameday4Nov.rar - Uploaded

REMINDER: GAMEDAY STARTS AN HOUR FROM THIS POST -- TODAY WAS DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME AND I AM TOO DUMB TO FIGURE OUT THE NEW SCHEDULE

Gpuzzle, sorry but you're too late and we're full anyway.

Burnout, your map is broken. Neither team can push the cart. At all. And that doesn't change if I modify the timelimit to 0 or to 30. Regardless, for the next gameday you are going to need proper round logic. None of this "Please set mp_timelimit 0" stuff. Build it like a 5CP push map. Have an initial timer and award time for each cap. I can tell you right now your map is far too small and narrow and still doesn't have enough options for mobility. Look up pl_waste for an example of this gametype done well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burnout6010

Oct 14, 2012
Burnout, your map is broken. Neither team can push the cart. At all. And that doesn't change if I modify the timelimit to 0 or to 30. Regardless, for the next gameday you are going to need proper round logic. None of this "Please set mp_timelimit 0" stuff. Build it like a 5CP push map. Have an initial timer and award time for each cap. I can tell you right now your map is far too small and narrow and still doesn't have enough options for mobility. Look up pl_waste for an example of this gametype done well.

mp_timelimit 30 worked ok also with me
I'll do the timer :) I'll maybe release a 5CP but not sure yet ..
oh and what did the HUD show ? There are so many messages that only a screenshot can tell me precisely what is the problem

Edit : about the map being too narrow, how could I do it ? Break up corridors into rooms ? Rocket room is getting way more paths for next alpha

Last edited: