game_text_tf?

Vigilante212

L420: High Member
Dec 21, 2008
Im trying to get it to display properly, but it keeps sticking everything on one line.
Acording to the wiki im supposed to use \n only problem with that is it keeps switching them to /n after i hit apply. Below is what I have typed in the display box.

Keep Away /n Objective: 1 point for every 30 seconds you control the intel. /nFirst team to 10 points wins, if you drop the intel the timer resets. /nThe intel returns to the pickup zone after each point.

AntonJ3000

I am inactive and make horrible maps
Oct 29, 2008
If you're doing a objective text you could just use a logic_auto and send a output to tf_gamerules with SetBlueTeamGoalString/SetRedTeamGoalString, and parameters as text.

l3eeron

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jan 4, 2008
If you're doing a objective text you could just use a logic_auto and send a output to tf_gamerules with SetBlueTeamGoalString/SetRedTeamGoalString, and parameters as text.

I also add an output off my game timer to a different objectives text, (assuming you have a game timer)like OnSetupFinish (assuming you are using a set up), or OnRoundStart, etc

that way, every begging of all rounds gets the objectives flashed, not just once with the setteamgoalstring.

Vigilante212

L420: High Member
Dec 21, 2008

"SetBlueTeamGoalString/SetRedTeamGoalString" is that all one? I set it up as 2 seperate outputs. seemed to work when I loaded my map from hammer, but didnt show up at all when I created a server and tried it.

I also add an output off my game timer to a different objectives text, (assuming you have a game timer)like OnSetupFinish (assuming you are using a set up), or OnRoundStart, etc

that way, every begging of all rounds gets the objectives flashed, not just once with the setteamgoalstring.

I dont get what your trying to say, what different objectives text?
I have a team round timer setup atm it only does 2 things on finish capture enable and on finish countdown restart.