Game_Text Problems

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Nicky, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Nicky

aa Nicky Lets try something new!

Positive Ratings:
    So I'm using a lot of game_text entities in my April Fools map. I've been testing it in a private server (clicking create server in the main menu), and they work. However, me and some friends loaded the map up on a public/dedicated server, and now all of them don't work, except for one. I've checked the channel numbers and everything, but they don't seem to work on the public/dedicated server. Is there something in the server properties that needs to be edited to allow game_text entities to display their text? If there is, I find it weird that one of the game_text is displaying properly. And why would they all work on a private server, but not a public/dedicated server?

2. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    I would say make sure you have the flag 'all players' set, otherwise the game_text will only send to the !activator of the input.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Nicky

aa Nicky Lets try something new!

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you, thaaaaank you!!! That seem to have fixed everything! What a relief, I thought that about 90 hours of hard work over the past month was going to waste because these werent working.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ics

aa ics http://ics-base.net

Positive Ratings:
    Just a FYI, there is also game_text_tf entity, which offers less diversity but can be set to display for one team only.

5. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    Also FYI, game_text_tf doesn't display for players using cl_hud_minmode 1 (like me). Should stick to game_text for critical information.