game freezes when you sellect a class.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by basilhs333, Aug 8, 2017.

1. basilhs333

basilhs333 L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    long story short , i am redoing almost all my map (pl_cliffedge) and that means i have to move stuff or delete many buildins/areas which explains the problem i have maybe. well i can compile the map , launch tf2 , join the map and when it finishes loading and you can press continue everything works fine. i can even spectate to problem there, but when i choose a team and then a class the game freezes. i tried copying the map and pasting on a new vmf just to see if it fixes itself but still i have the same problem. its the first ever time i had this issue and i dont know what causes it . also i forgot to mention i moved the map on the grid a few times and i recompiled each time in order to test it if it gets fixed but still nothing.
    i would be very happy if i could get an aswear regarding my problem as soon is possible so i can continue working on the map and finally release the new version which i really want to see if it works good. thanks for your help.

2. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Since the issue is happening when the game tries to spawn you, it sounds like there's an issue with your spawnpoints or game entity logic. As it's a payload map, it may be related to the cart or your path_tracks. A few things you can check:
    - Make sure your start and end path_tracks don't loop back around to eachother (this causes a crash)
    - Make sure the payload cart itself has the correct path_track to spawn at, and is set in the properties of the func_tracktrain
    - Make sure your spawn points are valid (not in the ground, there's enough of them etc.)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. basilhs333

basilhs333 L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    thank you so much! it works perfectly now