game ends when RED wins

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
I need help. I am making a round of a dustbowl-like map, and whenever RED wins, the game always ends and switches to a new map. I want it to switch teams when RED wins. the weird thing is, when BLU wins, the teams do switch!

I have my team_control_point_master so that it says yes on switches team on round win. any help?

Demitri Omni

L2: Junior Member
Apr 18, 2008
Set a game_end entity to give red the win at the end of the round_timer (i.e. set an output to activate the game_end entity at the end of the round time).

cornontheCoD

Mar 25, 2008
I checked, and I already have a game_round_win entity, and the timer sends an output OnFinished -> RoundWin

so yeah, I need something that can say OnFinished -> teams switch

and yes, my entities do say switch teams on win

I just though of something I'll try to see if it works

edit:nope, still doesnt work right. please, if anyone knows, I really want to fix this

Last edited:

cornontheCoD

Mar 25, 2008
alright this is getting ridiculous. It must have something to do with the game_round_win entity because now I made one for BLU winning and it now ends the game when BLU wins, it NEVER SWITCHES TEAMS!!!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
You need to set the end of a game win to score a point to a score entity. After x amount of points are achieved by such and such team the map is completed.

I don't have hammer open, the sdk keeps freezing when i try to open it so unfortunately i can't reference the entities for you yet, presuming this is the problem. I'm sure someone else can name them, hopefully i can open it when i start my computer tomorrow; i'm so close to finishing my map :crying:

edit: i think it's a math counter... do you have a math counter in your map?

cornontheCoD

Mar 25, 2008
no I don't, that would probably be it. thanks, I'll try it tomorrow. I too am close to being done with my map (at least the next alpha. its almost to beta stage)

cornontheCoD

Mar 25, 2008
well, I tried it and that still won't work. this is really frustrating:cursing:

I did the counter thing, but that doesnt let them win a round, the timer goes to 0 and just stops. nothing happens.

I'll try what the first person suggested