game ends when RED wins

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by cornontheCoD, Aug 4, 2008.

1. cornontheCoD

cornontheCoD L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I need help. I am making a round of a dustbowl-like map, and whenever RED wins, the game always ends and switches to a new map. I want it to switch teams when RED wins. the weird thing is, when BLU wins, the teams do switch!

I have my team_control_point_master so that it says yes on switches team on round win. any help?

2. Demitri Omni

Demitri Omni L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Set a game_end entity to give red the win at the end of the round_timer (i.e. set an output to activate the game_end entity at the end of the round time).

3. cornontheCoD

Positive Ratings:
    will that work? RED wins when time runs out, it just doesnt switch teams

4. cornontheCoD

Positive Ratings:
    I checked, and I already have a game_round_win entity, and the timer sends an output OnFinished -> RoundWin

so yeah, I need something that can say OnFinished -> teams switch

and yes, my entities do say switch teams on win

I just though of something I'll try to see if it works

edit:nope, still doesnt work right. please, if anyone knows, I really want to fix this

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  5. cornontheCoD

Positive Ratings:
    alright this is getting ridiculous. It must have something to do with the game_round_win entity because now I made one for BLU winning and it now ends the game when BLU wins, it NEVER SWITCHES TEAMS!!!

6. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    You need to set the end of a game win to score a point to a score entity. After x amount of points are achieved by such and such team the map is completed.

I don't have hammer open, the sdk keeps freezing when i try to open it so unfortunately i can't reference the entities for you yet, presuming this is the problem. I'm sure someone else can name them, hopefully i can open it when i start my computer tomorrow; i'm so close to finishing my map :crying:

edit: i think it's a math counter... do you have a math counter in your map?

7. cornontheCoD

Positive Ratings:
    no I don't, that would probably be it. thanks, I'll try it tomorrow. I too am close to being done with my map (at least the next alpha. its almost to beta stage)

8. cornontheCoD

Positive Ratings:
    well, I tried it and that still won't work. this is really frustrating:cursing:

I did the counter thing, but that doesnt let them win a round, the timer goes to 0 and just stops. nothing happens.

I'll try what the first person suggested