Game Days: Part X - April 19 & 20

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Game Day Part IX Recap

• Went fairly well, I was not available for the UK portion however it looks like despite some server issues most things went well.
  • As for the US portion I was there for most of it and it seems to have gone off pretty gorsh darn well.
Game Days Part X - April 19th and 20th.
** Advanced Disclaimer: This event is mainly to have fun, so all rules stated in this thread can, and probably will, be broken. **

When

• USA Server - April 19th @ 4:00 pm EST, 1:00 pm PST, and 9:00 pm GMT
  • UK Server - April 20th @ 5:00 pm GMT, 12:00 pm EST, 9:00 am PST (ouch)
    • This time is a proposed time, since I think if we are playing on a UK server we should have it at more of a UK time frame. Also bear in mind that my time zone calculations can be kinda iffy.
Where (aka, Server section)

• Server configuration request / statement:
    • rtv turned off please
    • 30 minute map rounds
    • Start with testing maps, 30 minutes a map flexibly guaranteed. (aka if something goes wrong dont hate us)
  • April 19th: TF2Maps.net Official Server: 8.12.19.105:27015
  • April 20th: TF2Maps.net partner server Colt's Playground: 84.45.84.166:27015
    • Links should connect you straight to the servers.
Maps:

• *note* we will NOT have a password on the server so any maps submitted can still be download by the general public and there is a chance they might like it enough to try and post it to the internet without first asking permission. Keep this in mind.
  • Map Submission Protocol
    1. All debate over what maps are submitted, what maps are played, etc must be handled in this thread PRIOR to the game day. Once the map submission deadline is passed the rotation is set. Map rotation changes should not happen on the actual game day, you will have multiple days to air your woes prior to the actual game day.
    2. There will be two parts to the game day:
      1. Map Testing
      2. General get together where we play maps requested by our members in this thread.
    3. Map Testing will take place first, all maps submitted for testing purposes with receive 30 minutes of play time. Map testing slots will be assigned as maps come in.
    4. During General get together we will play the maps requested in this thread
  • Please include the following information when submitting a map:
    1. Map Name (ex. ctf_CoolestMapEver_b1)
    2. Link to map download (ex. http://www.coolsite.com/ctf_coolestMapEver_b1.bsp )
    3. Map is for testing: Yes / No
    4. Optional: Map Discussion thread
Map List:
- All times listed in this section are EST.
- Deadline is Friday, April 18th @ 4:30 pm

Last edited by a moderator:

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Map list is up to date as of now.

If you say your going to have a map available for download later, please make sure it IS available. If its not it will just end up screwing up the schedule and be a pain in the arse to fix. This will aggravate me as it makes me have to do additional reconfiguring at the last minute.

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Post Updated.

Just so we are clear, saying you will have a map uploaded is a binding agreement, you say it will be there, it had better be there by the deadline. I have not decided on the repercussion, but I will think of something unpleasant.

Sorry if I am sounding like a dick on this but I want things to go as smoothly as possible and if I need to make lots of changes at the last minute I am not going to be happy at all.

R3dRuM

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
Nominate dom_bootcamp_a2 for saturday

Map is for testing: yes

Will be uploaded by thursday, and ill post again on here.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
ill be able to make it both days! whoo!

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
I'm definitely on for this one. Yay gameday!