G.O.A.T. melee map?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by absurdistof, Mar 10, 2010.

1. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    So, the Greatest Of All Time melee map? Lofty goal you say? :O I say. Here is the plan: each pair of honorable contestants shall fight to the death with their melee weapon of choice. BUT WAIT! There is a twist. They shall be fighting on the tops of two trains, Red and Blu respectively, that are flying down a track to their doom, in this case off a lofty cliff. The mercenaries of these two factions, being honorable men, cast aside their weapons and engaged in a fight to the death, a battle of wills and strength with the ultimate goal of killing the other before you are cast off the cliff to your Hollywood death.

Top-secret blueprints have been recovered:
    [​IMG]

Ideas? Comments? Questions? Currently I have no map (I will soon have a prototype), I just wanted to get the concept out there :D

EDIT: I do think a flaming train should be in order?

2. martijntje

martijntje L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I dont get why it has to be a melee map, but it sounds awesome. Yes, burning train is great.

3. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Much like this?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GnVxaCtF-g"]YouTube- Spectre's TF2 Old Train Map Promo[/nomedia]

4. Boylee

aa Boylee pew pew pew

Positive Ratings:
    New game mode maybe? More kills means more speed, and first one over the cliff wins?

5. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    arena_crazytrain

6. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    Not quite that train map, add a hill and no trigger_push or whatever he used, so real landscape, speed the trains up a good bit and voila, you have yourself arena_crazytrain.

Oh and there's fire coming out of the train windows :D