1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

func_regenerate help

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Standard, May 19, 2008.

1. Standard

Standard L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys, I have a question that someone might be able to help me with.

I've covered my map with a func_regenerate and was wondering if it is possible to remove the relating sound effect that comes with it. Thanks.

2. rt3407v06p909

rt3407v06p909 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    One way that might (yes, might, I haven't tried this) work is to find which sound is being used and replace it with an empty sound (\common\null.wav, I believe is one).

So (possibly) you'd just copy \common\null.wav into the file location where \items\func_regenerate.wav is normally, rename it func_regenerate.wav and if it works, pakrat it in, and done.

You will likely have to extract null.wav from the TF2 GCF.

3. Spacemonkeynz

Spacemonkeynz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    A dispenser_touch_trigger and a mapobj_cart_dispenser would work to. I don't even think you need the dispenser_touch_trigger, the size and line of sight checks can be disabled in the mapobj_cart_dispenser.

Make one for each team, and it should constantly resupply everyone on the map with health and ammo.

There also is a trigger which can set the health of anyone inside it, forget what it's called.

4. bob+M|M+

bob+M|M+ L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    for the health issue you can use trigger_hurt with damage of -1000 or w/e. its affect is almost immediate and it is silent, as opposed to func_regenerate which has massive delay times (~5 seconds). for ammo you can put boxes on the ground or make strategic places to put the func_regenerate, like in doorways. what's nice about func_regenerate though, is that it not only gives you full ammo, but also restocks your current weapon to full.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  5. Standard

Standard L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Im not sure i can use the tigger hurt because if its almost instant i dont think players would die.

The func_regenerate timing is perfect for what i need along with the ammo restock (without reload) which is why i would really like to keep it.

If i used the mapobj_cart_despenser would i be able to change the amount of health/ammo regenerated per second?