FullyCharged

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by StickZer0, Jul 9, 2009.

1. StickZer0

aa StickZer0 💙💙💃💙💙

Positive Ratings:
    Fully Charged

Hey. This is probably my first map to this site, but that doesn't mean it's my first map overall.

This map was basically an answer to my clan needing somewhere to train without having to wait ages for a respawn and then trudge halfway across a map.

Fully Charged has four arenas, each designed for 1v1 fights, connected by teleports.

I may add extra arenas at a later date - I can imagine 12 arenas with 1v1 matches in each could work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Updates in b2b:
    • Cubemaps added
    • Doors replaced with teleports
    • Fourth arena added

To be updated:
    • 8 new arenas
    • Completed skybox
    • Full detailing
    • Spectator cameras
    • A system to show how many people are in an arena at any one time

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  2. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    Looks nice and appears functional, bro. This is a good training map.

Regarding cubemaps, they build, just use mat_reloadallmaterials, quit, and start the game again.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. The_Ulf

The_Ulf L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    From what I can see, these look like interesting spaces for combat - so good work there. :D

For the cubemaps, you have env_cubemap entities in, right? You can mostly ignore the message about the skybox file, as Penguin said it fixes quick.

4. StickZer0

aa StickZer0 💙💙💃💙💙

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the comments and the cubemap fix.
    I deliberately left out putting in the env_cubemaps for the pure reason that I've been getting this error for ages and could never find a fix. I'll reupload a new version of the map with fixed cubemaps tomorrow.
    Any ideas on how to make the skybox decent? It's just a displacement map that slopes up a little bit with some rocks in the background at the moment.

5. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    Sadly, I can't help you there. Hell, I can't even really detail for what it's worth...

Look at my map, and you'll know what I mean...

6. StickZer0

aa StickZer0 💙💙💃💙💙

Positive Ratings:
    Right, i've updated it - i've fixed the cubemap errors, replaced the buggy doors with teleports, and added a fourth arena.

7. Jazz

Jazz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Lookin pretty sharp for a training map! I will have to show this to my clan leaders and see if they would want to put it on our comp / training server.