Fullbright issue

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Crrrrrrystal, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Crrrrrrystal

Crrrrrrystal L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So I just got back from the end of a dying imp, didn't get much info but some people were complaining about the map being fullbright. From my perspective, this doesn't seem to be true.
    upload_2017-9-27_13-56-9.png
    Now, one problem that has happened is that even through I compiled cubemaps and they seemed to work on my final compile, it didn't show as working on the server (shiny metal props). Is this what they are referring to? If they really are seeing fullbright, why and how do i fix that if I see lighting fine?

2. Vel0city

aa Vel0city personal pick-pocketing parrot

Positive Ratings:
    Did you compile with HDR only? That causes people with HDR turner off to get fullbright.

3. Crrrrrrystal

Positive Ratings:
    If I turn off my own HDR, the map still has proper lighting. The metal props such as saws are still shiny, and the mirrors and windows don't have any black/pink, indicating that cubemaps work somewhat

4. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
  5. Crrrrrrystal

Positive Ratings:
    I believe this time I used compilepal, yes.

6. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
  7. Crrrrrrystal

Positive Ratings:
    Final, without the "game" option.

8. Crrrrrrystal

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry, that's "Publish"

9. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Heads up: "Publish" is designed for CS:GO, which doesn't have LDR. So people playing with HDR turned off definitely are getting a fullbright map.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Also maybe people are saying "fullbright" when they actually mean "too bright". Which it definitely appears to be, from the picture. The default exposure settings for HDR mode tend to do this; try including an env_tonemap_controller in your map and playing with the settings.