Fullbright issue

Crrrrrrystal

L1: Registered
Jan 1, 2017
So I just got back from the end of a dying imp, didn't get much info but some people were complaining about the map being fullbright. From my perspective, this doesn't seem to be true.
upload_2017-9-27_13-56-9.png

Now, one problem that has happened is that even through I compiled cubemaps and they seemed to work on my final compile, it didn't show as working on the server (shiny metal props). Is this what they are referring to? If they really are seeing fullbright, why and how do i fix that if I see lighting fine?

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Did you compile with HDR only? That causes people with HDR turner off to get fullbright.

Crrrrrrystal

Jan 1, 2017
If I turn off my own HDR, the map still has proper lighting. The metal props such as saws are still shiny, and the mirrors and windows don't have any black/pink, indicating that cubemaps work somewhat

Crrrrrrystal

Jan 1, 2017
I believe this time I used compilepal, yes.

Crrrrrrystal

Jan 1, 2017
Final, without the "game" option.

Crrrrrrystal

Jan 1, 2017
Sorry, that's "Publish"

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Also maybe people are saying "fullbright" when they actually mean "too bright". Which it definitely appears to be, from the picture. The default exposure settings for HDR mode tend to do this; try including an env_tonemap_controller in your map and playing with the settings.