Fullbright Compile Problem

alexrox360

L1: Registered
Jun 9, 2020
My map won't compile in regular lighting, it keeps going to Fullbright after compiling. I checked Interlopers checker, I reduced all the luxels (Lighting on textures I believe) to 16 for every geometry brush in the map, I asked some of my home discords about it but no dice. I know there's some kind of angle I'm not seeing this from but I don't know what could be causing the entire map to do this.

Here are the compile logs from my last compile, and if needed I can send the map vmf over. I really hope I can find some way to fix this before I try re-designing the layout to fix it.

Attachments

• test log 4.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 74

Cyberen

L3: Member
Mar 30, 2021
Make sure there aren't any light entities hidden inside visible brushes, and try optimizing your map so that anything people can't see is a nodraw. Increase the lightmap scale for huge brushes. Aside from that see what other people in this forum did by searching for "zero area child patch".

Aug 26, 2016
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got NULL key in file materials/dr_supermarket/cornfield.vmt
LightmappedGeneric,
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got NULL key in file materials/dr_supermarket/cornfield.vmt
LightmappedGeneric,
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got NULL key in file materials/jb_carnival/textures/glitterborder.vmt
LightmappedGeneric,
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got NULL key in file materials/jb_carnival/textures/glitterborder.vmt
LightmappedGeneric,
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file materials/jb_carnival/digital/digitalnum.vmt
(*UnlitGeneric*), (*Proxies*), (*ToggleTexture*),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file materials/jb_carnival/digital/digitalnum.vmt
(*UnlitGeneric*), (*Proxies*), (*ToggleTexture*),

Something is wrong in the vmt files for the mentioned textures. Probably a missing or extra " or }. The last one even specifically mentions a missing {

Additionally, TF2 does not automatically set `mat_fullbright` back to 0 when loading new maps, so make sure to change that once you think you've fixed the error.